JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Just wondering if Rob would consider incorporating a post 67 stockers section? There must be a few people with stock late models that would be interested in the general vibe of this site. It all helps swell the ranks.

Anyway, it´s just a thought. Let me know when my ban is over!:wink:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
14 years ago

Just wondering if Rob would consider incorporating a post 67 stockers section? There must be a few people with stock late models that would be interested in the general vibe of this site. It all helps swell the ranks.

Anyway, it´s just a thought. Let me know when my ban is over!:wink:

JD wrote:

Hmm, tricky one... personally I have very little interest in someone's rusty old 1303 bug that is basically stock - I'd rather look at a lowered early car :shock: But if it's a nice original showroom fresh later model then that would probably be cool to see.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rhodrich
14 years ago
It's true, there doesn't seem to be any other place on the net that's focussed on stock late VW's.
That said, the whole name of this site is built round pre-67 vw's, so I'm not sure that this would be the best place for it.
Perhaps someone could setup a 'sister' site called www.post67vw.com, where all stock late models would be welcome (including watercooled?).

Then I can tell everyone about my daily driver - a stock 1972 VW 412LE Variant!
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

(including watercooled?).

Rhodrich wrote:

Ban him!! :lol:

I really don´t want to look at Golfs. Ever. Motorized white goods.[-x

Stock late Bugs - were else can they go? You can only try it and see if it generates any interest. Maybe more than the more or less moribund Bus section.

This sort of thing is what I had in mind...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
I think it’s a great idea, I’ve got a stock ’72 Marathon beetle and there really is nowhere yet that I have seen on the web that I can discuss period correct details and the minutiae of 70’s beetle with like minded souls.

Bring it on…

Mike 😎

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
pre67vw
14 years ago

This sort of thing is what I had in mind...

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

Yep, I like that... are they stock wheels?

definitely not going to include watercooled though, thats out of the question and no discussion :evil:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
VW Stan
14 years ago
You could make it anything Tax-exempt...

pre'73vw

I'll get my coat... :wink:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Chris
14 years ago
My first reaction was one of shock and horror :shock: As Rodrich said, the name of the site says what it's all about, but thinking about it, I don't have a problem with a section for STOCK post 67s. To be honest, I never look at the KG or Split Bus sections, so it could be ignored if upright headlamps are not your thing. It would need close supervision to start with though, you know what some people are like, give them an inch and they take a yard 😳 :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Sounds good - it may stop one owner UK cars like this.....

UserPostedImage

....being turned into this? :shock: :roll:

UserPostedImage

ws skint and couldnt face driving it at standard hight

Then dont buy a stock survivor then.....:twisted: (and lern two spwell init)

William
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
I absolutely love stock, original post-67 VWs, but I don't think this is the place for them. I sold my unrestored low mileage '71 Dormobile today. Sad to see it go :cry:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Luxury...
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

I absolutely love stock, original post-67 VWs, but I don't think this is the place for them.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Then where is? This place is the home of stock, and as someone said earlier, if it´s not your thing, then don´t look in that section. I´m not saying Rob should change then name of the site or anything.
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Then where is? This place is the home of stock, and as someone said earlier, if it´s not your thing, then don´t look in that section. I´m not saying Rob should change then name of the site or anything.

JD wrote:

preandpost67vw.com? :wink:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
14 years ago

JD wrote:

BOLLOCKS!!!

If i can't have pre '53 only,you can't have post '67.
The historic club went thru' this rubbish when they couldn't attract numbers and soon dropped the idea in case they upset current members.
JD
  • JD
14 years ago
Still on the fence about this then George?:lol:

And in fact, you have a pre 53 section already.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

preandpost67vw.com? :wink:

Rich Oakley wrote:

StrictlyPre&post67vwsONLY.com
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
I can't believe that any regular of this site could imagine for one second that this is an acceptable suggestion.
"well we've got no where to go:cry: ".So go and put the hard work into a website,like Rob has done into this one.
Now i know i'm the first to play the fool but the fools are really coming out tonight.

JD Hang your head in shame.

JD
  • JD
14 years ago
"Branded a fool...":p

What do you mean - "we´ve got nowhere to go"?
It´s not like I own one.
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
JD Please tell me in Germany they have August fools day, and all this is a wind up.

The thought of the idea:x It would be like taking a Whore into church.
SixtyFive
14 years ago
i used to run uprights only, a forum for post 68 vw's

was pretty popular!! till it somehow got wiped out, then i never bothered again.

there is latebug.com though..
GKL 7
14 years ago

My first reaction was one of shock and horror :shock: As Rodrich said, the name of the site says what it's all about, but thinking about it, I don't have a problem with a section for STOCK post 67s.

Chris wrote:

:shock: Sold down the River by your mate:roll: This is looking a grim evening.