Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
A custumer of mine is restauring a 1947 CCG beetle. The car was delivered to the Headquator of the Royal Army in Bad Eilsen, close to Hessisch Oldendorf. The car was originaly painted in blue and now, the owner is looking for the original paint code. In my documents, there are no informations, but I hope that there is anybody here who can help us. A few years ago, I visited the archive of the Imperial War Museum. They told me, theat there are a lot of informations about the early beetles - but they were very sorry, because all post war documents are not located in London. I think they named me Duxford as the location. Maybe here are some people who are interested in the early years of Volkswagen and find out the paint-code...
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
16 years ago
Hi Björn,

Duxford is about 30 minutes drive from me, I've been there a few times - they have some great old planes there. I wasn't aware they had any non-aviation history there. I'll drop them an email and see if they have any Beetle info.

Cheers,
Rob.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Etzhold1
16 years ago
Hi Björn,

Maybe walter Herman can help you out with this problem !!

Regards,

Guido
kdf38
16 years ago
I though CCG cars were green and those for the US were Blue Grey or Grey.

Mike

A custumer of mine is restauring a 1947 CCG beetle. The car was delivered to the Headquator of the Royal Army in Bad Eilsen, close to Hessisch Oldendorf. The car was originaly painted in blue and now, the owner is looking for the original paint code. In my documents, there are no informations, but I hope that there is anybody here who can help us. A few years ago, I visited the archive of the Imperial War Museum. They told me, theat there are a lot of informations about the early beetles - but they were very sorry, because all post war documents are not located in London. I think they named me Duxford as the location. Maybe here are some people who are interested in the early years of Volkswagen and find out the paint-code...

"Bjoern" wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
RareAir
16 years ago
Here's a few pics of my '47 Beetle. I had is refinished in it's original L32 Dark Blue hue. It is a matte color.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
1947 Typ 11a
1954 Typ 117
1956 Typ 151
1960 Typ 113
1963 Typ 211
pre67vw
16 years ago

Here's a few pics of my '47 Beetle. I had is refinished in it's original L32 Dark Blue hue. It is a matte color.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"RareAir" wrote:

Cool, love to see pics of it all finished.. 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
nev
  • nev
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
I think Mike is correct, and I also think the blue cars were destined for the RAF and the Russians had Dark Red cars, I'm sure I got that info from Simon Parkinsons - the rise from the ashes of war book, will check when I get time.

Cheers
Kev

I though CCG cars were green and those for the US were Blue Grey or Grey.

Mike

"kdf38" wrote:

"Bjoern" wrote:

brille52
12 years ago
I have a friend ,who owns a 1952 build CCG ragtop beetle - as he speaks only a little bit English, he asked me, to post his question here.He wants to know everything about the " green color " of the CCG Vw`s - is there only ONE green or have there been different ones ? If there is only one kind of, maybe someone knows or knows where he can get and find out the green color code.
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas !

andreas  Kopie von Käfertreffen 09 135.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Old Blue
12 years ago

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

RareAir wrote:

How pure and right the stlying of these very early cars are. One day....:roll:

I love the pedestrian friendly bumper overriders so much too.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!