Trailer Queen Restos
16 years ago
Well thought I would come over and introduce myself.........I have just relocated to Bude Cornwall and set up Trailer Queen Restos......

I was responsible for painting the black square back at last years Volksworld show, and hopefuly Russell Ritchies "squarebackpanel" will be making it to this years vworld show, in a few weeks!!!! Among others these are just a couple of the cars I have done

https://trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/  its got a full diary of stuff we do down here........west coast side..........well when the floods stop anyway lol.....

ps my actual name is Gavin Jones.......not Trailer Queen lol.......
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
16 years ago
You don't do all that narrowing and lowering malarky do you? 😳
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Yes they do, but the quality of the metalwork looks second to none. Really impressed with the RHD Cabrio.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Trailer Queen Restos
16 years ago

You don't do all that narrowing and lowering malarky do you? 😳

"pre67vw" wrote:

on my own cars i do but the resto and paint is the same top quality what ever height the car runs at :wink:

If you want to see a stocker that i have done,i resto'd Dave lutteridge's rhd split crewcab that won best paint at volksworld a few years back!!!

RHD cab was done by Matt and Ben further down in Truro.

I'm doing Paul Denham's rhd oval rag.

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Oops - sorry - my bad. :oops:

I was looking at your website last week and I was very impressed. That Oval sunroof looked like it was a right mess to sort out. I think i would have started with a better car TBH!
UserPostedImage
Trailer Queen Restos
16 years ago

Yeah i think he does too :shock:

The only thing keeping him positive is its an og rhd uk car!!!

Major job though but Pauls going the extra mile to make it as og as poss.

Denz
16 years ago
Thats my Oval going through some major surgery with Doctor Jones! Yeah, in all honesty its been quite a ball ache and the full extent of its condition wasn't realised until after the strip-down. But since its a RHD Oval Ragtop originally imported to VW Motors London, UK in September 1956, I thought it was worth spending out to bring it back to its former glory. 😃
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Good save. You certainly aren't cutting any corners!

Keep us updated.
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Congrats on the oval, one thing is guaranteed that it will be fantastic!
I wonder how many genuine sunroof uk ovals are left? I can think of a few but not exactly 'numbers'
Before I die I must find some car to get painted by Gavin : D that would be magic!
To get skill, creativity, reliability and honesty in a restorer is a near impossible task!
I know there are lots of great G Jones paintjobs/restos out there, the 2 barndoor samba's stick in my mind as I am certain those long straight panels are murder to get flat & this shiny! To do not 1 but 2 to this high level proves a lot.

pic from www.barndoor.dk :

https://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1155935/20-074455a.jpg [/img]
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Trailer Queen Restos
16 years ago
😃 Thanks Mrs herbie!!

Its always nice to here things like that from other vw people out there!!

As for the BD samba's, i can't believe it, i've been asked to go and price another one up for paint :shock:

Can't be many people in the world got to say they have painted 3 of them!

You guys know where i am when you want that split rag painted,lol.

I'm sure i could do you a good deal 😃

mrsherbie
16 years ago
Owen swears he will never paint his 50 sunroof, I have only just about been allowed to dab on brown Finnegans No1 now and then :lol: But maybe someday I will lock him in a shed and run it down to you! :lol:

Oh and by then it will have had years of Ankor Wax build up, but hey, theres nothing like a challenge! :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann