vintagevw
16 years ago
My newest toy.
an early october 1952 zwitter convertible.
Pretty good shape and almost all correct parts and solid condition.
The car has been repainted 3 times, first green (not the correct green), then blue and last bordeaux.
I bought the car in Januari and started to dismantle the car in february.
I will repaint the car so I can drive it this summer.
No not a body off resto becouse I want to drive this summer it and it is solid. :):):)
I will post pictures in the restoration forum.  16033.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
16 years ago
Interior.  14688.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
16 years ago
A car full of history....
On Holliday in Austria ๐Ÿ˜ƒ in the seventies....
When it was painted blue...... :cry:  14849.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
16 years ago
Nice isn't it?  14850.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
16 years ago
Hell yeah! :lol:  14851.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
16 years ago
When it was repainted in green.....
Ribbed semaphores with one screw ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
They where still in the car. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  14852.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
EXPRESS
16 years ago
Wow ! very nice ! Congrat !
ianmac
16 years ago
Nice colour co-ordinated speedos!

:wink:
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
Too nice for words- good work!! I am seriously envious!

With such a nice car, my only concern would be sweat stains from that bloke's arse on the seats.

You may want to contact Kevin Maddock on this forum (user name: Nev). I think he may have a couple of Zwitter-only Kabrio parts (window frame and door, I think).

Good luck with the renovation.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagevw
16 years ago
Thanks for the nice words!
I know I schould do a body of but then I couldn't drive it this summer and I realy want to drive it.
I had a 1955 cab but sold it before a bought my other project and this is a so much better car believe me.
Can't wait to drive it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
kombi rescue
15 years ago
hello my name is stephen muller in sydney australia and also have a 28th oct switter cabrio...am so excited to see another being restored ...as you may already know only 831 of these cabs were produced....they are different in many ways ...my car has a 3tag solid eblem on the hood too...would be great to keep in touch and find out how many of these rare cars still exist today cheers steve
vintagevw
15 years ago
Hi Steve,
nice to hear another one who has an early zwitter vert too! :d
Some people told me that they never made front hoods with solid vw Emblems on zwitter beetles, so they are wrong :d
kdf38
14 years ago
831 made in '52

Mike

hello my name is stephen muller in sydney australia and also have a 28th oct switter cabrio...am so excited to see another being restored ...as you may already know only 831 of these cabs were produced....they are different in many ways ...my car has a 3tag solid eblem on the hood too...would be great to keep in touch and find out how many of these rare cars still exist today cheers steve

kombi rescue wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
karmann1952
14 years ago

kombi rescue wrote:

Hi kombi rescue,
https://karmann1952.de/html/register_1952_zwitter_2.html 
Would be great to get a new picture for the KARMANN-Registry :wink: Body- and engine number would be also welcome...
Greetings from Germany
Claus
- 1950 VW Hebmรผller
- 1951 Split sedan Export
- 1952 Karmann Kabriolett
- 1952 T1 barndoor transporter
- 1963 1200 Export Judson
- 1964 T1 Westfalia SO-34 Flipseat
- 1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
- 1966 T1 Westfalia SO-44 Dormobile

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com