jsanti
19 years ago

Hi Guys, I live in Medellín, Colombia, I'm new in the forum and new in the Volkswagen community since I've just bought my VW 1965 a couple of days ago, but I'm fascinated with the Volkswagen world! I'm looking for the original instruction manual of my 1965 VW Beetle. Any PDF or link to a web page where I could find it? Thank you very much and I hope to learn a lot from you!

Saludos desde Colombia!

Jorge Santiago.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Larry
19 years ago
Jorge,

I know an individual that sells used manuals, in all varied conditions. Of course the better the condition the manual is the higher the price. His e-mail address is "[email protected]". Just ask him the same question that you just asked here on the forum. "Does he have an owners manual for a 1965 bug".

Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
jsanti
19 years ago

Thanks Larry, I will send him an email asking for the manual. Anyway if someone could tell me where can I find a scanned or PDF version that would be great too.

I hope to post some pictures of my VW soon, is not a Vintage but I like it a lot.

Saludos!

Jorge Santiago.
jsanti
19 years ago

Larry, the email address seems to be wrong, I received a bounce telling me that it doesn't exists.
Larry
19 years ago
😮 Sorry about that.

I just sent him an e-mail to see if I get a responce. If I do I will forward it to you. I have not chatted with him in quite a while so he may have changed his e-mail address.

🙂 He just responded to me. I will forward his responce to you.

Larry

Send an e-mail to me, I accidently erased your last one. That way I can forward his address to you.
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
j.scribner
19 years ago
Hello-
New to this forum. I have a '64 VW Bug newly restored- I'm sure you will enjoy your '65. There is a download of a 1965 VW owners Manual available on "theSamba.com", another VW forum and classifieds site. Look for the "Manuals " tab, and you should find the download there, if you haven't found one already. Also watch e-Bay for the originals- they come up frequently. I found a 1990's VW of America Authorized reprint of the 1200 Owner's Manual which looks exactly like the original in every respect in uncirculated condition. (got it for 5.00 !!) Don't know if there are any more of those still out there. TheSamba.com classifieds usually have some, too.
John Scribner
jsanti
19 years ago

Thanks for your information John, I'm still looking for the manual, either scanned or printed. The one posted in thesamba.com is not for the beetle but the VW Transporter. If you find any other link to download a scanned version please send it to me. My 65 runs great, it's not completely origininal since it has a 1600 cc engine, but the interior is in very good condition. Will post pictures very soon. Good luck,

jorge santiago.
j.scribner
19 years ago
Sorry, Jorge, my mistake. They do have the manual scanned for a '64 Type 1 (bug), but the '65 manual is for the bus. My VW of America authorized reprint of the 1200 Owner's Manual, published in the '90's states it is for 1960-65, so there is probably only very minor cosmetic differences in pictures between the '64 and '65 manuals. I have a '64 owner's manual which came with my bug, but 40 years of sitting in the glove box reduced it to a moth-eaten, dry-rotted crumbling pile of pages. Comparing it to the reprinted manual I have, it appears to be identical in all respects. Good Luck in your search and enjoy your bug. Someday I would like to see your beautiful country- I'm afraid here in the US we only hear unpleasant things that the media want us to hear about Columbia. It's good to hear there are VW's and aficianados there. I don't have the ability to scan, but perhaps I could copy the pages of my reprint and send it to you? It's in mint condition, and should copy well.
John Scribner
j.scribner
19 years ago
Jorge- me again. I double-checked my reprint- it was issued by the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America, with permission of VW/Germany. (not VW of America!!) My apologies for the error in reporting! It states that it covers all vehicles from chassis number 3192507 (Aug '60) to chassis number 115979202 (July '65) I think I was real lucky to find it on e-Bay, and picked it up for 5.00! Then I had to wait forever to get it. The seller apparently didn't want to let it go that cheaply. Perhaps if you e-mailed the Vintage VW club of America, they may be able to get you a copy??
John Scribner
jsanti
19 years ago

Hi John, thank you again for your information. Mi VW chassis number is 115344560, so I think is covered by that manual. Do you have the email address of the VW Vintage Club of America? Anyway when you have time to scan yours it will be really apreciated 😃. Colombia is a wonderful country, and I know it looks very violent from the outside, but thats just because usually only bad news are important for the media. There are lots of VWs here, from split window to new beetle, karman ghia, or trasporters. Its not easy to find completely original beetles, but they are really appreciated, and they cost less than in europe or north america. Good luck and thank you!

Jorge Santiago.