Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hi everyone, wondered if you could help. My 1960 Bug has two small drilled holes on the dash between the radio and the ashtray, any ideas what should go there, if anything, as I haven't a clue :?
thanks
Emma
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
paul
19 years ago
hi there emma no there shouldnt be any holes there it looks to me as thoe some one has drilled them in to attach somthing to it.. you could always fill them and spray them back in.

hope this helps emma good look

paul from sunny doncaster..not :wink:
Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Thanks for your help Paul
Emma 🙂
paul
19 years ago
hi emma any other help you need just let me no.. ps what years your bug
seee ya
paul
Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
My bugs 1960, and I'm saving furiously to restore him to his former glory. What year is yours?
Emma
ChillieWitch
19 years ago
Hello Emma...
I got a 1960 bug too! He's called Ripley and is burgundy and cream...and he needs a lot of TLC.
Be nice to swap ideas...you trying to keep to 'original', or you got another idea?

ChillieWitch

Life without a beetle is like a broken pencil.......
Pointless!
Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Hi Chilliwitch, my bugs called oscar, am trying to keep him as original as possible. Still 6v but needs a respray, he's artic white and the moment but thinking of changing that to beryl green. It's tough deciding though, I always keep thinking about things I could change and then I have a change of heart and think no best keep him original. Do you have the same problem :?:
Emma
aircooled
19 years ago
Emma,

I had the same type of holes in my dash. Here is what I did, first I put some duck tape in back of the hole. This keeps the bondo from ending up on the radio if you have one and it holds the bondo till it sets up. Then I filled the holes with bondo and sanded them to get them smooth and level. Use fine and very fine sandpaper. I had a body shop shoot that part of the dash and blend /feather the paint.

Just take your time and it will turn out great.

Richard
Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Thanks Richard thats really helpful :wink:

Emma