JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life.

pre67vw wrote:

PMSL!:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Volumex
15 years ago
OK, I am going to be difficult. My 54 Manual (dated December 54, page attached) has got both Bosch and Hella adjustment instructions, and the 54 manual dated January 54 on TheSamba has the identical picture.

I reckon those lights are correct for your car. My old VW mechanic (who was an apprentice to a German factory trained mechanic) also told me that either types were fitted.

My $0.02.

UserPostedImage
56 + 58 Bug
vintagevw
15 years ago
These are on my untouched april 1955 oval.
First 2 pictures are the ones on my car, the otherones is to show how they look inside.  Afbeelding 964.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 965.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 967.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 968.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 969.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
mrsherbie
15 years ago
UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I went to the Belgian coast today to pick up some parts, yep Bus lenses !
My son is learning to drive a car , so He could drive and I could relax in the backseat,
I was reading in the 52 workshop manuel, I posted a picture this morning from the Headlights Bosch and hella !
Now I was looking realy close to that picture, The hella light has a VW logo at 18 hours !
I know thats correct for a 49 , so I would not always believe pictures in workshop Manuels, or manuels !
They where using older pictures :roll:
In the 50ties that was no problem at all, but now people are restoring those old cars , and they are looking for correct headlights, it could be a large problem ! Sh.t I bought 49 lights for my 52 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The headlights above are correct for 55 :wink:

Guido

54 Gertie
15 years ago

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

Thanks Mr Nordoff!
William
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

The headlights above are correct for 55 :wink:

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Defintely correct- Pascal's lights above are the right ones. I'd bet my life on it (or £10, whichever is the most valuable).
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Caledfryn
15 years ago
These are from my April '54 Oval - Wolfsburg built Aussie ckd.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I have been looking, and yes, FAR more cars from 50-57 are wearing Hella, but I also found all these pics in various places, including brown Etzold book and Terry Schuler. I found a lot more than this actually. Many Bosch in 51 for some reason?
Some are hard to see in my pics ( I have no scanner so I took photos) but they are all definitely Bosch headlights.

ps. I am not trying to be a troublemaker? ( it is just my natural skill I am told :lol: )

I am not greedy so I will take just 1 of these please! :shock: :d
UserPostedImage

1950 sunroof ( ours has Hellas)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

pic says 1952, but must be post Oct 52
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

March 1954 ( '53 model)