Etzhold1
15 years ago
I recently found this car !
The VW floorpan, engine, gearbox and front axle are matching # made in 1948 !:shock:
Floor pan was delivered in Belgium( Dieteren ):shock: Who the F...k made this car !
Any help would appreciated , or just tell me what you think about this one ??
Nice , Ugly stupid ?????? let me know your opinion on this one !

Guido  afbeelding 001 (8).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  afbeelding 002 (7).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis
15 years ago
Hi Guido,

The car has been on display in 2004 on the "keverwinterfestijn" at Rosmalen.

UserPostedImage

It also was metioned in an lost & found article in Volksworld and sommeone did post some pitures of it here on the forum.

At Rosmalen there was some explication and also mentioned that it was the oldes surviving chassis imported by D'Ieteren.

overrestored
15 years ago
Hey Guido... show us a side view. Looks pretty good actually! I don't really like the front grill... but the headlights are interesting. The rear end is nice.

protect me from what I want
heb623
15 years ago
Hello Guido,

I know where you bought this car because you told me this afternoon where it was! Can you ask the man who sold you this vehicle where he bought it? I am nearly shure I saw this vehicle several years ago in Vinkeveen (NL) to our bearded friend N.K.!! If so maybe the man can give you some more info about the car!!
I have a pic somewhere, .. .. .. but yes, .. .. .. where!!

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hi,

I do not have a side shot (yet) I'll pick up that car this week !
The headlights where also used on a Oldsmobile sedan from 1950 !
I know the car is not made in 48 , I think early 50ties, there is a zwitter speedo (Okm) !
Somebody told me today the licence plate could be from Austria !:?:
Thats what I found out about the car till now !
If I have it here I'll post some better pictures !

Thanks,

Guido
fantakid
15 years ago
Hi,
the licence plate is from Germany ( AW - Amerikanisch Würtenberg )
Bye Christian
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Thanks Christian,

Thats the car that I mentioned earlyer today on the phone !
I'm not sure if the licence plate belongs to the car, I know the car was owned by several people maybe one of the putted the plate on the car to look more German??:lol:

Guido
zelensis61
15 years ago
Guido, You have there a new project for OPA....:lol:
Congrats with this one.

Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Thanks Peter ,

OPA will be a happy guy soon if he can start working on it !
Peter and Thanks 10K times for the great information you sended me, You're the best !:beer: :beer: :beer:
Guido:wink:
zelensis
15 years ago
Side view of the car, it has potential.

UserPostedImage
ovals4ever
15 years ago
Ah, that's the car at 'Kevermagazijn' in Holland... It's not the oldes surviving chassis imported by D'Ieteren. I must say it's rare but it's not the nicest coachbuilt around...

UserPostedImage
pre67vw
15 years ago

I must say it's rare but it's not the nicest coachbuilt around..

ovals4ever wrote:

It's funky! I really like the front, and I really like the back - but together I'm not so keen!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Bengt H
15 years ago
I am with pre67, front and rear is good but the middle[-x dont match the rest but its very cool:d
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Jeroen, the car is not (anymore) at kevermagazijn,I found it in Belgium !
I know the car was owned by several dutch people , René, Nico !
They all where trying to find out where it was build, with no result !
Not the Dieteren Oldest surviving chassis??? Tell me more !!
The car was offered to my best friend in the early 90ties,He was talking about that car for years, and he told me he has some pictures from it but he never found the pictures:roll:
In the mean time a other friend sended me some paperwork, I hope to find out more about the car history that way !
But Yes, I also dont like the midlle section from the car ,and I also don't like the dash ! But there are more coach builded cars I don't like, DREWS:roll:
The possitive thing from this car is, if it is a home made car I can rebuild the car the way I like it :lol: :lol: Some spoilers, Impreza engine ect...:roll:

vintagevw
15 years ago
Lower it and put some chromed 20" wheels under it!:wink:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
usariemen
15 years ago
Cut away the area between the doors and the rear fenders to get it shorter and find a more flat windscreen.
Then it will look twice as good.
Master of my domaine.
six-o-one
15 years ago

Cut away the area between the doors and the rear fenders to get it shorter and find a more flat windscreen.
Then it will look twice as good.

usariemen wrote:

I agree, far too long!

IMG_6572 copy.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Thanks for your advice gentleman !
The major problem on that car are the doors to small and to low, they should have the same hight as the front fenders and they should be atleast 15 cm longer !
Malc thanks for the photo shopped picture,My wife was so nice to remove photo shop from the pc :twisted:, otherwise I could show you what I mean by rebuilding the doors !

ovals4ever
15 years ago

Jeroen, the car is not (anymore) at kevermagazijn,I found it in Belgium !
I know the car was owned by several dutch people , René, Nico !
They all where trying to find out where it was build, with no result !
Not the Dieteren Oldest surviving chassis??? Tell me more !!
The car was offered to my best friend in the early 90ties,He was talking about that car for years, and he told me he has some pictures from it but he never found the pictures:roll:
In the mean time a other friend sended me some paperwork, I hope to find out more about the car history that way !
But Yes, I also dont like the midlle section from the car ,and I also don't like the dash ! But there are more coach builded cars I don't like, DREWS:roll:
The possitive thing from this car is, if it is a home made car I can rebuild the car the way I like it :lol: :lol: Some spoilers, Impreza engine ect...:roll:

Etzhold1 wrote:

Did it recently go to Belgium?
If I'm not mistaken, the chassis came from a Split Beetle which was built on September 22nd
1948. The Split Beetle was delivered on September 23rd 1948 to D'Ieteren in
Brussel and had the colour "Dunkelblau L32". I know one Belgian Split that is older than this one but also has the same color.

Drews is Cool! :wink: I have a small piece of Drews... An original brochure... Now searching for the car that goes along with it... :wink:

Jeroen
ovals4ever
15 years ago
The engine space might als be a bit of a problem?

UserPostedImage