Steve Rutter
15 years ago
Hello,

First time I on this Forum.

I have a '59 Judson supercharged 1200 Deluxe. Of the three beetles that I have owned, he is the oldest & in the best condition !!!

First car was a 1971 1300 & second was a 1971 Karmann Cabrio.

Pictures below, taken a couple of weeks ago at Brighton Breeze

Steve

Web Brighton Breeze 2008 020.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Web Brighton Breeze 2008 021.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum! Nice to meet you at the Sussex VWOC show.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Steve Rutter
15 years ago
Rich,

It was good of you to introduce yourself & provide some more information about my car.

Especially about the "fade out" running boards. Your level of knowledge is much appreciated
Jules
15 years ago

Especially about the "fade out" running boards.

Steve Rutter wrote:

We now have the early 'fade out' style running board mats in stock at Karmann Konnection!
stickman
15 years ago
Educate me, what are 'fade out' running boards? :oops: sorry for my ignorance:wink:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Hello, lovely India :d

This is my (better) og running board cover, repro's have never been available until recently so most older resto'd cars wear the more modern type which for years is all that has been available ( unless you hunted out NOS)

I have not seen the repro'd yet but heard they look pretty good.

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
topolino
15 years ago
mrs herbie, the agave green oval i have has a pair of these the good one is the other side to your good one, this side has a one inch split in it, the underseal had protected the underside of the running board, yet to scrape it off to see what its like, the wide trim is really dented, did not realise the running board cover was different from latter years, only knew the type of ridges in the rubber had changed over the years.
pre67vw
15 years ago
I recognize that car...  max-ad-1-tn.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Steve Rutter
15 years ago
Hey !! Thats my car....

Previous owner was John Moxon, I purchased the car from him last October.

Steve
trmuratakturk
15 years ago
Hii steve welcome:wink:
Hello
UserPostedImage 
UserPostedImage 

Steve Rutter
15 years ago
Trmuratakturk,

Thanks for the welcome !!

BTW How long do I have to still refer to my car as "John Moxons beetle" ? :wink:

Steve
Etzhold1
15 years ago
That will be forever !:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vintagevw
15 years ago

Hello, lovely India :d

This is my (better) og running board cover, repro's have never been available until recently so most older resto'd cars wear the more modern type which for years is all that has been available ( unless you hunted out NOS)

I have not seen the repro'd yet but heard they look pretty good.

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

They are available at BBT Belgium.
I tkink, Jorg Beckmann from Germany reproduces them and sell them also.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
trmuratakturk
15 years ago

Trmuratakturk,

Thanks for the welcome !!

BTW How long do I have to still refer to my car as "John Moxons beetle" ? :wink:

Steve

Steve Rutter wrote:

until die..:d
Hello
UserPostedImage 
UserPostedImage 

fredy66
15 years ago
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Steve Rutter wrote:

Now you see I did'nt mention it! But you know there are only a couple of India's in the UK are'nt there :beer: How many others have you found so far?

God bless the old codger, he did look after it so well though didnt he :d Its a lovely car, always secretly fancied it myself!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Steve Rutter
15 years ago
John told me that Indian Red (L451) was a rare colour (one year only ?)

I do not know how many are in the country, or seen any others.

The shows that I have been to this year (Bug Lovin, VW Expo, SVWOC & Brighton Breeze) I received some really nice comments about the car, mostly about the colour, the non-standard rear lights & the Judson !!
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

I do not know how many are in the country, or seen any others.

The shows that I have been to this year (Bug Lovin, VW Expo, SVWOC & Brighton Breeze) I received some really nice comments about the car, mostly about the colour, the non-standard rear lights & the Judson !!

Steve Rutter wrote:

Good to see that car in safe hands now Steve...that John whatsisname is a real cowboy...sooner or later he would have slammed it on some fancy wheels.:evil:

I love India Red too I can remember seeing just one other RHD '59 that colour in over 10 years and that one was in poor shape. I think the reason is viewed on a colour swatch it looks s*** but on the car beautiful so there were few takers in '59.

You'll find you'll go to shows and from a distance think you see one. Once you get close up you see it has a pinky hue...Coral Red.

Don't worry about it being called "John Moxon's Beetle"...the vast majority have never heard of him.
John.
Boris1966
15 years ago
Hi Steve,
I'm also new to the forum and saw your car at Brighton Breeze this year, lovely!
:) Leane
This is Boris, my '66 bug.  Boris.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Steve Rutter wrote:

I used to own one back in the late 90s, but I sold it and it was chopped up to make a beach buggy!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.