48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Here is an important message to all us Britons planning to cross over for Hessisch Oldendorf!

There is a very good deal at the moment with Norfolk Line, crossing from Dover to Dunkerque,
IF YOU BOOK BY 31 JANUARY.
I have booked a return journey, leaving at midday on Thursday 25 June and returning on Tuesday 30 June at 2pm
for a car and up to 4 passengers for only £57.02 return all inclusive.

If you call them on 0844 847 5027, you can get the 'multitrip' deals whereby the more cars book as a group, the better
the deal:
a group of 5 return journeys means a return fare of £24 per party (the 'silver' deal)
a group of 9 return journeys means a return fare of £21 per party (the 'gold' deal)
a group of 12 return journeys means a return fare of £19 per party (the 'platinum' deal)

Check with them for crossing times and related fares since the price may vary.

I think all parties within a group deal have to travel together there and back. Since I am staying on to go
to Wolfsburg after HO, I didn't think it would match anybody else's travel plans so I booked individually.

Don't leave it late, the fares will go up nearer the time, to two or three times what they are now!
And book before 31 January!

Happy booking!:d
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Thanks for that! I have been thinking about booking ours this week too :beer:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
15 years ago
(oops double post)

We are not doing BBT this time and trying to avoid the traffic
Etzhold1
15 years ago
[-xSorry Anna,

People traveling in a 356 have to pay 35% more !!:lol:

Guido:twisted:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Yes but thats ok because we will get there 350% faster :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
:shock: :shock:
The first thing I'll do at Hessisch is checking your engine ! 350% :shock:
Becarefull with the Autobahn Polizei, They love to stop those old porsches !
And if they did that fot the sixt time :twisted: , check on your left side, the BBT convoy is passing you :lol: :lol: :lol: Please don't come to late for the saterday evening dinner :wink:

Guido the Jealouse guy :oops: :oops:
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Bathtubs are just easier for us lazy folk, there is no having to hunt for a good set of wings anymore!! :beer:

(Actually if we do go that fast paint, filler might start flying off! and maybe some of it will fly into the safari windows of the passing ratty buses like shrapnel :lol: )
GKL 7
15 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

A question i've been meaning to ask,concerning distance and traffic.
Why not sail into Hamburg:?:
Miles and miles nearer and you can sleep on the boat overnight.
Think sailings go from Newcastle and Hull(OK no good for you southern Jessies,the furthest north you know is Stanford Hall).But also Harwich.
Take the weight off, after all it will be part of your holidays this year.
vintagevw
15 years ago

Yes but thats ok because we will get there 350% faster :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

(oops double post)

mrsherbie wrote:

That's a shame. I find it's 50% the fun of the whole trip!:wink:
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Why not sail into Hamburg:?:
Miles and miles nearer and you can sleep on the boat overnight.
Think sailings go from Newcastle and Hull(OK no good for you southern Jessies,the furthest north you know is Stanford Hall).But also Harwich.
Take the weight off, after all it will be part of your holidays this year.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I think Harwich-Hamburg is finished. They did Harwich-Cuxhaven for a while but that's gone too!
These were such good routes, like a mini cruise!
69project
15 years ago
are people booking up for this ferry???

im definitely going and if people need to go together to get larger discounts then i would be interested etc?

dont want to be a billy no mates!

simon
Car less.....
mrsherbie
15 years ago

That's a shame. I find it's 50% the fun of the whole trip!:wink:

48REME wrote:

I agree, when I am a passenger..! but when I am driving I prefer the roads to be more post-apocalyptic 'Survivors' style :lol:

WELL, despite having booked our hotel rooms last Jan '08 and having been in regular contact with the hotel owner since then who has always confirmed our booking, in the last 2 weeks somehow we have been 'elbowed' out into a guest house in the next village and I was only told on Sunday and I was not happy :twisted: So I have cancelled our HO trip now completely. BUT I WILL be finding out in due course who is now sleeping in our beds, so they had better watch out in future as I WILL be asking a few other Brits some questions 😳

mrsherbie
15 years ago
But anyway here is some info for you that I worked out last year :

distances to H.O.
Hook of Holland 394km
Zeebrugge 499km
Ostende 520km
Dunkeque (cheapest!) 563km

No direct Hamburg ferries anymore, only Esbjerg, but thats 503km on to H.O. but I agree with 50Karman that would have been a really nice drive/tour/holiday option.
Except that from our house to Newcastle ( which I had to look up on google map as I had no idea where Newcastle was! jimmy nail? :lol:) is 314miles! So no, not good for us southern softie kids :lol:

If you still have'nt booked a hotel for the BBT stopover, this is great, lots of rooms and very near BBT (not walkable) with good safe parking and good evening restaurant meals, we stayed there last time, if you want extra safe/hidden parking, ask them for a room at the back of the separate accomodation block, not in the main building:

BBT Hotel 

Have fun :d
(ps. I am actually happy now that we have cancelled before you ask as we have a lot of other things & trips on this year anyway and it has'nt taken much to tip me off this one)
Etzhold1
15 years ago

I agree, when I am a passenger..! but when I am driving I prefer the roads to be more post-apocalyptic 'Survivors' style :lol:

WELL, despite having booked our hotel rooms last Jan '08 and having been in regular contact with the hotel owner since then who has always confirmed our booking, in the last 2 weeks somehow we have been 'elbowed' out into a guest house in the next village and I was only told on Sunday and I was not happy :twisted: So I have cancelled our HO trip now completely. BUT I WILL be finding out in due course who is now sleeping in our beds, so they had better watch out in future as I WILL be asking a few other Brits some questions 😳

No hotel room:shock: Is that the reason why you're not comming to HO :shock:
There are plenty hotels there , Ok not in HO but close enough, because you would come with that 350% faster car, that can't be a problem ! You'll regret:wink:

Guido

mrsherbie wrote:

lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

...BUT I WILL be finding out in due course who is now sleeping in our beds, so they had better watch out in future as I WILL be asking a few other Brits some questions 😳

mrsherbie wrote:

:oops:
John.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Not only Mrs H got the boot from that hotel either. I´m not happy about this at all.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
15 years ago
We have had our rooms booked and confirmed here (where we stayed last time) since jan2008 :roll: :
UserPostedImage

We still had rooms booked for us apparently, just in a different village now?*! :shock: No longer walkable into town, and I simply dont want to bother that much any more , too much hassle for booking a hotel room 18months in advance for just 4 nights!
It is just too ridiculous for me. But I dont mind I'm off to Antibes instead now, no cars involved only sea
:d

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

No thanks, we dont want to share any of your SAGA warden assisted rooms in your holiday rest home either, I cant be doing with those plastic under sheets you all like :lol:

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
356boy
15 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

there must be more important people coming to town!:shock:

i see on the photo there is room on the lawn, perhaps they will allow a tent, could be fun:? and you can keep an eye on the cars:d