54 Gertie
15 years ago

Its a decision alright! :?

mrsherbie wrote:

Yeah, its a difficult one to call!

(not that its for us to do!:wink: :lol: )
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago

:beer:
OOh Its lovely! :d

( I am still totally amazed you found 2 almost identical zwitters at the same time! :shock: )

mrsherbie wrote:

yeh it's funny both zwitter's are the same colour, age & both from sweeden,
have also found another zwitter for sale, but it's a green one & have to say brown are much nicer
are you going to buy Owen that other one for a pressie :d
i will drag this one over when it's got a mot
one main difference i can tell so far between them is the door cards, on the other one it's all the same colour, where mine's a two tone brown
 3077552034_5b5f4eb97c.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  3193102238_6be7096572.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

dry&heavy wrote:

Sadly he would have to buy it for me! :lol: and he says not unless I let him have my oval to sell as a swap, no no no! 😳 I told him thats not what professional-multi-car-hoarding is all about! and he should know better than to make such poor jokes!*! But he is enforcing strict new rations! ( luckily the new 65bus arrived Saturday, the day before they came into effect! :lol: )

Will be nice to see it sometime over the summer.
:d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
UserPostedImage

What, you mean, thats it!:lol: MORE PHOTOS!:wink:

I was about to comment on how lovely the interior of the top picture is, before I bothered to read!:oops: :wink:
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago

Will be nice to see it sometime over the summer.
:d

mrsherbie wrote:

more like a few weeks time :d will drive this everyday for a month while other's been done, then prob will drive it as my daily ride in the end :lol:
still havent heard back about mot yet so im guessing it's all good finger's crossed
hope that other brown zwitter ends up in the uk
will be nice to see your bus
dry&heavy
15 years ago
quick update
car is almost finished, a solid little thing in the end, have been told by the garage that has pulled the car apart it will go straight through the MOT no problem at all.
:cry: Now i need a 1952 gearbox as mine needs some TLC, fingers crossed im hoping it is only the set up of the linkage, but incase its not,does anyone in england have a suitable gearbox they wish to sell that i can pick up staright away, i have two people on the case looking for one but if they both fall through maybe someone on here can help?
so i can then use this gearbox while i have the origional gearbox in the car reconditioned
many thanks
54 Gertie
15 years ago

quick update
car is almost finished, a solid little thing in the end. I was told by the garage that has pulled the car apart it will go straight through the MOT no problem at all.
:cry: Now i need a 1952 gearbox as mine needs some TLC, fingers crossed im hoping it is only the set up of the linkage, but incase its not,does anyone in england have a suitable gearbox they wish to sell that i can pick up staright away, i have two people on the case looking for one but if they both fall through maybe someone on here can help?
so i can then use this gearbox while i have the origional gearbox in the car reconditioned
many thanks

dry&heavy wrote:

Im guessing that becasue it is going to be a placeholder the year does not matter!:wink:

Just any swing axle box!:wink:

Noy that I have anything! We currently have no working gearboxes!:lol:
William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
well only spare box i have was out of a 59 but havent got round to having 1st gear fixed as that's the spare for my 59 :d
just my luck
as soon as the gearbox is in will have the MOT and will be on the road straight away
dry&heavy
15 years ago
well found a box came out of a 55
but i dropped of 2 split boxes on sunday, one to have 1st gear fixed and the 55 just so i know its good
was a nice old man it's all his ever done for 46 years working on gearboxes
so at least i will have a spare box, when the 52 box is out will take that over to him as well, and for £75 plus parts cheap as chips
so should have one back by next week :d
dry&heavy
15 years ago

Yet another brown car on pre67, what does that mkae it now? Three I think!:wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

how come so many little brown bugs
brown is such a nice colour :lol:
how many other people one here have a 52-53 zwitter?
GKL 7
15 years ago

how many other people one here have a 52-53 zwitter?

dry&heavy wrote:

Used to have a pastel green '53.
I'd love another Zwitter,they are the perfect vintage VW for driving,the best of all worlds.
Other brown one in Sweden is just a little too much ££££'s,but it's a beaut.
So if any one has a Zwitter they want to sell,let me know.(preferably Brown):d
54 Gertie
15 years ago

(preferably Brown):d

'50 Karmann wrote:

Brown is under rated in my opinion! I think it is BL Rovers in the 70s that made it uncool!:wink:
William
GKL 7
15 years ago

Brown is under rated in my opinion! I think it is BL Rovers in the 70s that made it uncool!:wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

Were you actually born then:wink:

Brown is a lovely colour it seems to suit an early vw,unlike those awful 70's Brit cars.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Were you actually born then:wink:

Brown is a lovely colour it seems to suit an early vw,unlike those awful 70's Brit cars.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Nope!:lol: BL was long gone by that time luckily, and most of there automotive abortions have thankfully rusted away!:wink:

William
dry&heavy
15 years ago
the car has it's mot 😛 so happy, now i can get my 59 in for its respray back to coral red
anyways have three spare split gearboxes now and all work fine
just a quick question anyone have any idea, how long the DVLA take to turn around an application for an aged related uk number plate, as thats all im waiting on now
thank you
dubrockers
15 years ago
good on you saved from the grave :lol:
sure it will be a nice drive
will you be going to any shows in this, would be nice to have a look have'nt seen many brown bugs
sorry but i have no idea on the number plate side
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

yeh it's funny both zwitter's are the same colour, age & both from sweeden,
have also found another zwitter for sale, but it's a green one & have to say brown are much nicer
one main difference i can tell so far between them is the door cards, on the other one it's all the same colour, where mine's a two tone brown

dry&heavy wrote:

you've got 2 zwitters? do you fancy selling one? or do you have any details on the green one? if i dont find a car soon im gunna tear my hair out :lol:
dry&heavy
15 years ago

you've got 2 zwitters? do you fancy selling one? or do you have any details on the green one? if i dont find a car soon im gunna tear my hair out :lol:

stu wrote:

no all i have is a 1952 & a 1959 mate
that green zwitter is a 53 still for sale its sat up not far from ely near cambridge
is missing a few parts but its solid wont need welding can find more out, its a mate of a mates if you understand
but there is another chestnut brown zwitter for sale as well
still nothing back from DVLA 😶
kafertoys
15 years ago
That is a very nice zwitter.

I'm restoring a nov 52 zwitter for someone here in the US but its a real mess and will take a lot of work before its ever driven.

I have already started buying very sweet panels from Wolf.:p

The more I've gotten in to this Zwitter thing the more I like the idea of keeping them as original as possible.

Keep posting pictures please

dry&heavy
15 years ago
what would you like pic's of more than happy to help as it's pretty much as it was, what is the colour zwitter you are doing up
i was going to slam my one and stick a big engine in
but could'nt do it but you never know i may get bored :lol:
just liked the idea of some solex 40s on it