mrsherbie
15 years ago

My 63 does not score well on the "Anna-o-meter":cry: Its probably lingering in the high three's! :lol:

Oh well, I still like it!:wink: :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

Yes, I think my 50 falls into 3 despite its lack of serious welding but with my very silly paint :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Yes, I think my 50 falls into 3

mrsherbie wrote:

:shock: Were you hurt?:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Bjoern
15 years ago
I prefer the patina because it belongs to an old car. My grandma was also looking like a grandma with grey hairs and non-smooth skin. If you prefer a NOS-Part-car its nothing else than the husband who married this woman as a pretty-girl - and tried to restore her during the years.

UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
15 years ago

:shock: Were you hurt?:lol:

JD wrote:

very clever I see what you did there :lol:

No matter how many times I see that womans face it is always shocking and makes me feel quite sick that someone could do that to themselves.

But then, there is this:

beetle for sale 

Quick! empty your piggybanks!

I guess they are both kind of the same! Both 'rare' ( fortunately!) :shock: :lol: ok so the car wins because at least it has Porsche wheels and shiny paint, which is more than can be said for Mrs frankenladymonster!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
15 years ago

that womans face is always shocking and makes me feel quite sick

mrsherbie wrote:

X2
Sunroof53
15 years ago
The circumstances are nearly always the same .You buy a project .In the course of the restoration you slowly throw away for aguements sake 45% of the body cos its rotton.You may replace the pans ,some of the interior and of course rebuild the engine.
The car you now have ,no matter what is left of the original is a direct result of you finding the car in the first place .You would not have that car if it wasnt for starting with something in the first place.A bit like the lithuania 38 car .Even if they end up reproducing everthing except the deck lid its a( eventual) car that would not exist otherwise. I dont think many people wake up and think i am going make a vw38 or any other car for that matter.The inspiration comes from finding a wreck to start with, even if its mostly not used.

Oh and X3 for Wilderstein:lol:

Sunroof53
15 years ago

But then, there is this:

beetle for sale 

Quick! empty your piggybanks!

mrsherbie wrote:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C71991?pt=pf 
55Kab
15 years ago

I can't make it out, is that really for sale or just an advert for potential business?
Sunroof53
15 years ago

I can't make it out, is that really for sale or just an advert for potential business?

55Kab wrote:

Both i think.if i remember correctly the owner is a porsche car salesman .
GKL 7
15 years ago

owner is a porsche car salesman .

Sunroof53 wrote:

Yeah! charging Porsche car prices[-x