Etzhold1
15 years ago
This strange 44 industrial engine !!  motor 1944 002.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  motor 1944 004.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  motor 1944 003.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Interesting find and looks in good condition to.What are your plans for it ?
Etzhold1
15 years ago
The engine is turning free ! :shock:
A friend in the USA is looking for a 44 engine maybe, I'll sell it to him !

Guido
Sunroof53
15 years ago
What is the part on the side of the magneto?.It looks like some kind of generator .I love the way you found it .you make it sound like you are falling over 40s parts:lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I bought 2 doors (65), When I picked up these , the guy told me, I have there also a old engine ! I asked him what do you call old??:roll: :roll:
Then he told me from the 40ties, It was a strange looking guy, and I tought you old crack smoker "The 40ties" :roll: , but I went back in is garage and there it was ! And now it is here !!:lol: :lol:
That part is like the later scintilla's , You don't need a battery to start this engine !
A few parts are changed in the early 50ties (intake and carb) But the rest looks original to me !

Guido
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Thats a great story :beer:
55Kab
15 years ago

and I tought you old crack smoker "The 40ties" :roll:

Etzhold1 wrote:

Now that made me laugh! :lol: :lol:

Nice find Guido, just shows you never know what's out there.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
What a great mad old looking thing and good find, I love industrial engines!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Etzhold1
15 years ago
More pictures !  motor 1944 006.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  motor 1944 009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  motor 1944 012.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  motor 1944 011.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  motor 1944 007.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Nice find Guido!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

The engine is turning free ! :shock:
A friend in the USA is looking for a 44 engine maybe, I'll sell it to him !

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

I know of someone with a 1944 engine for sale if you pal is interested?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

What is the part on the side of the magneto?.It looks like some kind of generator .

Sunroof53 wrote:

If I had to guess I'd say the assembly on the left is actually the magneto because that's where the spark plug leads come from. What would have been the distributor is possibly the governor.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Sunroof53
15 years ago

If I had to guess I'd say the assembly on the left is actually the magneto because that's where the spark plug leads come from. What would have been the distributor is possibly the governor.

tman wrote:

Thanks , its a clearer with the new pictures .Still looks crazy though.Any idea what it was used for?Waterpump,compressor ,genrator ?
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Thanks , its a clearer with the new pictures .Still looks crazy though.Any idea what it was used for?Waterpump,compressor ,genrator ?

Sunroof53 wrote:

I don't know, and the guy who sold it to me , told me that it was in the barn when he bought his house 25 years ago , This weekend I'll try to start that beast up !! :lol:
Can somebody tell me what kind of intake that is??

Regards,

Guido
johnshenry
15 years ago
It looks like the "701E" 36 hp intake, but could also be the "701", which is just the 701E, with the "E" ground off (you will be able to see that), and it will have endcastings for 25hp heads, not 36. It is believed that the 701 was made by VW after the split era to replace all of the "thin wall" failing intakes (K's, jacketed Ks and the "zwittter" intake.

If you pull the intake off, see what part numbers are cast on the side that faces the fan shroud.

That is a neat old engine. I would also like to see pics of the lower cylinder tin "showboxes". Those were markedly different in the 40s as well..
vintagevw
15 years ago
I'll never seen an AUDI with an engine at the back! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

I'll never seen an AUDI with an engine at the back! :lol: :lol: :lol:

vintagevw wrote:

Thats one of those AUDI replica kit cars - glass fibre body on a 47 Beetle floorpan. This should be in the Coachbuilts section really.:wink:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Thats one of those AUDI replica kit cars - glass fibre body on a 47 Beetle floorpan. This should be in the Coachbuilts section really.:wink:

JD wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 😳 😳 😳 Its not in the Audi, its in the VW touran !!
Thar touran could use a bit more horsepower !

Guido:wink:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
That Magneto is strange thing !
I'm happy the fuelpump is original ! :d
Check the pictures from the magneto ! Made by bosch but most of the parts have also a VW Cogwheel stamp !!
The generator is empty,I cant find any marks on the double pulley:twisted: Today , I'll put a mufler on the engine! Change the oil , and try to start it up !:lol: :lol:
 IMG_6535.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6536.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6538.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6539.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6540.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6541.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6542.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6546.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6533.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6544.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6554.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6548.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6553.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_6537.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Nice pixels !