48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Well, it's all finally going ahead...my Standard is undergoing transformation as it returns to its original shade of Reseda Green.
Thanks to Kevin for confirming the colour match against his cabrio glovebox door.
Here are a few pics of work in progress. Still a bit of Anthracite left on the wheels and hubcaps!  Photo00310.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Photo00280.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Photo00269.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Photo00287.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Photo00306.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago
Wow, looks fantastic!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
VW Stan
15 years ago
Looks great! :d

Who are you using in the end?

M

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Standard split
15 years ago
Do it in a semi-matt Nicolas :!:

I love non-shiny Standards :shock:

You have a very nice car all the same though :wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
nice colour, i didnt know there were green standards?
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Looks great! :d

Who are you using in the end?

M

VW Stan wrote:

A very nice chap just outside Ipswich called Dave Simpson. So far so good, very fast and thorough. I would reccomend him when you come to do your 58!
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Do it in a semi-matt Nicolas :!:

I love non-shiny Standards :shock:

You have a very nice car all the same though :wink:

Standard split wrote:

But Standards were shiny when just out of the factory John, so we'll have to wait a few decades until this car fades with patina to get that matt look:wink:
I know what you mean though, there's nothing nicer than a 'dull' old Standard:d
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

nice colour, i didnt know there were green standards?

stu wrote:

There were only L225 Jupiter Grey and L344 Rush Green Standards available, from 1958 to 1963.
This one was apparently specially requested by the first owner in that Deluxe shade of green (L14 Reseda Green), which is why
I simply had to return it to that colour scheme, if only because it's quite unique.
The museum told me that there have been one or two Standards over the years which have originally been requested in Deluxe colours by
customers but they are exceptions.
I actually don't particularly like Reseda Green so I'm doing this more for the history of this car! :wink:
Standard split
15 years ago

But Standards were shiny when just out of the factory John, so we'll have to wait a few decades until this car fades with patina to get that matt look

You might have to bring it down to the cemetry and show me Nicolas :!:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

You might have to bring it down to the cemetry and show me Nicolas :!:

Standard split wrote:

That would be nice:d
Standard split
15 years ago

That would be nice

Maybe not so nice for me :shock:
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Maybe not so nice for me :shock:

Standard split wrote:

Why not?
Standard split
15 years ago
Probably not so nice for you either, Nicolas :?

You'll have to dig me up :cry:

pre67vw
15 years ago

But Standards were shiny when just out of the factory John, so we'll have to wait a few decades until this car fades with patina to get that matt look:wink:
I know what you mean though, there's nothing nicer than a 'dull' old Standard:d

48REME wrote:

Obviously they were shiny when they were new, but I think modern 2k paint has a much more glossy look than the original paints - 2k paint still looks wet when it's dry (except when I spray it, cos I'm not that good :lol:). But I still think it looks great Nicolas! :d
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Probably not so nice for you either, Nicolas :?

You'll have to dig me up :cry:

Standard split wrote:

I think that when that day comes, you should buried inside a Standard, all dressed in grey and a three spoke steering wheel placed above the tombstone instead of a cross! Only joking!:d
Standard split
15 years ago

modern 2k paint has a much more glossy look than the original paints - 2k paint still looks wet when it's dry

That was my point 😎

It will take so long for for the modern paint to dull-down, most of us will have passed away.

My blue Standard was done in 2-pack in the late '80s, and despite my efforts to dull it, its still shiny 😶

Standard split
15 years ago

I think that when that day comes, you should buried inside a Standard, all dressed in grey and a three spoke steering wheel placed above the tombstone instead of a cross!

I don't know, I like the idea :beer:

Standard split
15 years ago

2k paint still looks wet when it's dry (except when I spray it, cos I'm not that good )

Fancy painting an early '47 :?:

48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
Do you want to have your 47 repainted? It think it looks really nice with that matt patina doesn't it?
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Obviously they were shiny when they were new, but I think modern 2k paint has a much more glossy look than the original paints - 2k paint still looks wet when it's dry (except when I spray it, cos I'm not that good :lol:). But I still think it looks great Nicolas! :d

pre67vw wrote:

I might have to send my car to the hot dry Arizona desert when it's finished and leave it there in some gas station yard for a decade or so and then it will look right!:d