tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
I'm trying to find:

113309123A TRANSMISSION BALL BEARING, front main shaft,Oct'52-1960 Bug
111398003 TRANSMISSION GASKET SET, all split case transmissions

WW list them but they've been nil stock for ages.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can source these, I'm in a hurry to get this gearbox rebuilt? :d

Cheers
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
15 years ago
Try Cogbox.
Trouble is i think Peter likes to keep his parts for when he does the rebuilds.
But anyways he's going to know for sure where you can obtain what you need.
tman
  • tman
15 years ago

Try Cogbox.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Thanks for the pointer, collected the bearing I needed from him this evening.

I must say what a thoroughly nice bloke Pete is... Not only that but he offered lots of advice on setting up clearances etc. during the repair/rebuild. I walked away with a lot more respect for the job in hand.

Pete, I know you don't 'do' computers so you probably won't read this but I'll buy you a :beer: if I catch you at a VW show, thanks a lot! :d
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
GKL 7
15 years ago
YES KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.
I'm sure Pete wouldn't mind me saying and if he does Sorry:oops:
Don't judge a book by it's cover,frightened me first time i saw him:lol: :lol: Nice Bloke.
tman
  • tman
15 years ago

I'm sure Pete wouldn't mind me saying and if he does Sorry:oops:
Don't judge a book by it's cover,frightened me first time i saw him:lol: :lol: Nice Bloke.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Haha. He took my bits to Dubfreeze and expected I'd recognise him at the show! Now that I've met him I think I can safely say I'd recognise him almost anywhere.

Perhaps more importantly, Gertie now has a working split case gearbox fitted! :beer: :beer: I'm glad we persevered with this, I was getting close to giving up and reaching for the cheque book on this one.

Is it just me or does the "To Do" list on these old cars never seem to get any shorter? :lol:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab