69project
15 years ago
been round to petes(pjharvey) today and he mentioned that a posts could do with changing.

this is something i knew but may have to bite the bullet and get them done

anybody got any got ideas of what this may cost and recommend anywhere in essex areaish to go.

im contemplating going to kustom dubwerks in hockley but realise there are plenty of others

thanks

simon
Car less.....
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
harveypj
15 years ago
This is the type of repair panel you will need. Defo for your passenger side, may be able to use less for drivers side.
Sorry can't realy recomend anyone.

a post.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Stock......the new custom
vintagevw
15 years ago
Is Steve from Hooky's pannelshop not making them?
I have good experiance with other parts from him.
I have NOS ones but not for sale, sorry....:cry:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
69project
15 years ago
hookys are doing them and they are 29.95,just on the look out for the right place as i dont want a nightmare on my hands!!!
Car less.....
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I can recomend Hookys! I bought a RHS A pillar from him as well as a pair or rear bumper mounts! Great panels!8)
William
69project
15 years ago
hookys are doing them and they are 29.95,just on the look out for the right place as i dont want a nightmare on my hands!!!
Car less.....
69project
15 years ago

This is the type of repair panel you will need. Defo for your passenger side, may be able to use less for drivers side.
Sorry can't realy recomend anyone.

harveypj wrote:

pete im disapointed.....:lol:
Car less.....
harveypj
15 years ago
:oops: sorry.....never had welding done......:p
69project
15 years ago
some people have all the luck...:wink:

been told i cant have a gti!!!!
Car less.....
harveypj
15 years ago

been told i cant have a gti!!!!

69project wrote:

too many bikes:lol:
69project
15 years ago

too many bikes:lol:

harveypj wrote:

said gtis were for chavs!!!!!:wink:
Car less.....
harveypj
15 years ago
:shock: :shock: 😳 😳
barkafer
15 years ago
https://www.retrocustom.co.uk/ 
Try these fella. Not in Essex I know, but they do some seriously serious work, if you know what I mean.:lol:
They are J10 off the A1(M) at Baldock.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

:oops: sorry.....never had welding done......:p

harveypj wrote:

That made me laugh out loud! :lol: Thats excellent! :d

We have used a bit (chopped it up) of one of those hookeys panels before they are great especially for the money!

Yes Larry at Retrocustom is one of the nicest people you could ever meet, the paint on his girlfriends car they built is beautiful and he will certainly do a superb job and look after your car with kid gloves unlike most vw garages.

Or you can take it to Terrys  for guaranteed peace of mind if you are worried. They are in the process of rebuilding their site I think so not much on there yet. Sorry I dont know anyone in Essex although I am sure there must be some good people!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I have spent today trying (and failing) to fit a Hookys door post! Me not the panel! :lol: :oops:

The normal way of fitting them is to weld in the whole panel at once, only on the outer. I have unpicked mine and have welded in the inner panel first as this is what the door relies on for support! If the inner is not welded, I am sure that you will lose a lot of structure!

I am then going to weld on the outer but I found that Steve misses out a row of spot welds that would have been there from factory! Nothing major but im going to put them on mine! :wink:

Ill try to post a pic!
William
69project
15 years ago
at the moment its either retrocustom or kustom dubwerks for me as ive heard good things abt both and they are both localish...

car needs a good look over before germany as brakes are binding a bit and a oil leak so will see what they say

the left hand side of mine has a 10p size hole in it and the right hand has had a dodgy repair at some point and now has no holes to take door off(thanks to pete who noticed this!)

would like to see some pics as im stressing as to how much original paint will need to be cut out etc

Car less.....