ianmac
14 years ago
I have been slowly collecting parts to build my 'hot' 30hp motor for my '51 so far I have managed to acquire a lovely 72mm DPR crank, some rebuilt rods, okrasa cam and bolt on cam gear, OT pulley, low mileage 30hp case, cylinders and pistons.

I puzzled over heads and the only option seemed to be Okrasa heads but I deemed them too expensive (and hard come by). My plan was to build a simple mild 'stroker' 30hp, but without breaking the bank in the process. The plan is a twin carb 30HP which will look period and hopefully remain as reliable as a stock motor, therefore I decided to use some stock heads but have them cut for larger stainless valves and have them hand ported.

I dropped off a very horrible looking pair of used 30hp heads to the legendary head guru Jeff Denham in CA. last year and he has just mailed me the photos of the completed items, which I thought I would share with you:

The valves were special order from Manley and measure 1.255" for the inlet and 1.180" for the exhaust.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
oval56
14 years ago
sounds nice :-)

what rods do you use, and here is a dpr crank availible? or is it an rebuild old one?
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
ianmac
14 years ago

sounds nice :-)

what rods do you use, and here is a dpr crank availible? or is it an rebuild old one?

oval56 wrote:

I am using stock rods which have been rebushed, shot peened and balanced, the crank is an welded OEM item from DPR machine in CA (www.dprmachine.com) it really is a lovely item. I have run a DPR welded 82mm stroker crank in my 2276cc IDA motor for the last 12 years and swear by them.

I will take some more photos and post up soon.

Andy Sparks
14 years ago
Looks cool, where about in Devon are you?
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂