GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Opinions on the priceing of this car....39,500 euro.  2721552.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
Not too hot on these coachbuilds and I don't need to tell you this but I would think it depends on year, condition and originality. A year or more ago I would have said it was about right but the market is depressed so 25,000-30,000 odd would be more like it I think.

Overrestored should be able to give an accurate value.

pre67vw
14 years ago
Possibly the least desirable VW coachbuilt? I personally really like them, but not many others do - thats got to be a factor in the pricing.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago
I like 'em too Rob,wink wink.
Think it's a little steep to tempt me 'tho.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
I really don't like the B.L. model at all, I think it's seriously ugly and offensively so. You literally couldn't give these cars away ten to fifteen years ago. I'd rather have a banana (the fruit) than one of these.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagevw
14 years ago

I really don't like the B.L. model at all, I think it's seriously ugly and offensively so. You literally couldn't give these cars away ten to fifteen years ago. I'd rather have a banana (the fruit) than one of these.

Rich Oakley wrote:

X2 :wink:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
kdf38
14 years ago
I don't think the Banana is all that beautiful either; unless of course it is
fully restored. With dull old paint they are very ugly.

Mike

X2 :wink:

vintagevw wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Funny, but I almost prefer these to the banana. The banana doesn´t really look like it was designed - more like a convenient shape that covers the floorpan. Much too droopy looking.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
overrestored
14 years ago
25 years ago... the beeskows were just old cars driving around. Somebody at the bug in called the gold one... on samba lately... "a potato on a roller skate"!

Same goes for the lawrence cars. All of them are kind of funny looking. I don't really like the look of the Lawrence. I do like the beeskow though... and when it was designed... it was a very forward design. It isn't the prettiest car in the whole world or anything... but it is pretty. If it were a girl... I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. The lawrence though... it would have to be 3 in the morning... and after at least 6 beers...
protect me from what I want
mrsherbie
14 years ago
Not for me either I am a banana woman too. ( but why does that sound rude when I say it :lol: )

It looks nice and solid in that pic and as a fairly rare model I guess the value is all there ?

but I would buy this for a LOT less! Quick! :wink:

'57 356A £17k in Burnley Lancs.. 

(yes all that ugly underseal, rusty floorpan, longitudinals, and spare wheel floor replacement reqd are the norm and not scary to do (the Simmonsen panels to fix this car are available and excellent quality) provided rust hasnt gone above 6"+ / up into the pillars/upper shell and it looks unlikely for this car, even the panel gaps look great)
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
14 years ago

but I would buy this for a LOT less! Quick! :wink:

'57 356A £17k in Burnley Lancs.. 

(yes all that ugly underseal, rusty floorpan, longitudinals, and spare wheel floor replacement reqd are the norm and not scary to do (the Simmonsen panels to fix this car are available and excellent quality) provided rust hasnt gone above 6"+ / up into the pillars/upper shell and it looks unlikely for this car, even the panel gaps look great)

mrsherbie wrote:

I've sat in that car and had a good look at it.
mrsherbie
14 years ago
I did wonder if it was with the good doctor Gilbert! I have'nt seen it but it looks the nicest slightly tatty og looking 50s 356 I have seen in the last year over here certainly that is sub20k. If we didnt have ours already we would probably buy that.

Its hard getting your head around the horrible proper underseal finish INSIDE the boot, you get with 356s and the standard rust, compared to inside the boot of a clean beetle. It feels like looking at a really bad clagged up beetle does'nt it :lol: But they are all like that. Its odd to think they didnt paint everywhere inside a porsche during the same beetle period. I still think its odd that 50s beetles were finished to such a higher level considering they were sold to all commoners. While the rich kids got palmed off with an underseal interior finish in the engine & boot :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann