BO JANGLES
14 years ago
This belongs to a mate of mine & is very , very good .
https://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58902 
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Thirty grand??!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just spat my coffee over my keyboard!
If it "just" needs paint and putting together then your mate should do that. May be worth the asking price then. But I doubt it.

Oh and there´s a classifieds section for this sort of thing.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
It's a nice, rare car (from Singapore originally), but the new owner will have to throw some serious cash at it to complete it. The car was recently purchased from a chap in Guildford.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Thirty grand??!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just spat my coffee over my keyboard!

JD wrote:

Snap! so did I !!!! :lol: For 30k I want a lot more than red oxide and no hood! Expensive at half that price. I would have much rather have had Martins that was still in og paint.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
ianmac
14 years ago
That's funny I was offered that car in February for £12k in exactly the same condition:shock:

So how it has increased by £18k since then I have no idea:roll:
GKL 7
14 years ago

That's funny I was offered that car in February for £12k in exactly the same condition:shock:

So how it has increased by £18k since then I have no idea:roll:

ianmac wrote:

THAT PUTS INFLATION AT ABOUT 150%.I'm getting off to Tescos to stock up, that's crazy.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
I´d estimate 15K at least to put it right, even if it is all there.
UserPostedImage
Standard split
14 years ago

I´d estimate 15K at least to put it right, even if it is all there.

JD wrote:

I'd think someone needed something upstairs putting right if they paid £30k for that:shock:

On that basis I have now finally been able to value my low-mileage all original 1949 De Luxe Split – £95k – and you'd still be getting a better deal 😎

(No, it's not for sale)[-x

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
14 years ago
To do the roof right, and i do mean, right.... £5K+
55Kab
14 years ago

I'm getting off to Tescos to stock up

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol: LMAO

And there I was thinking you were a Waitrose man! :lol:

Standard split
14 years ago
Whoops:!:

I've strayed out of the Pre-53 section – 48 RME will be telling me to get back there :lol:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
55Kab
14 years ago
Nothing to stop the man putting it up for sale for whatever he wants. We can all lament about whether it's worth it or not for the rest of the year but remember, something is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it and someone out there may pay that.

Also remember that a RHD Oval Cabrio is rarer (smaller in numbers) than ANY Split Beetle and I would say even Hebmuller's. So given it needs no welding whatsoever it actually doesn't look that expensive. If you want a rare coachbuilt restored to show winning condition I think the majority on here would be shocked at how much it really costs, I speak from experience! True he may of paid less for it but then perhaps he got a bargain.

Will be interesting to see if it does sell. I reckon he doesn't really want to sell it so it's one of those if someone offers enough, £30k enough, he'll sell. I don't care what anyone tells me, as Donald Trump says, everything and everyone has a price. :lol:

Standard split
14 years ago

a RHD Oval Cabrio is rarer (smaller in numbers) than ANY Split Beetle

55Kab wrote:

Home-made toffee:x

Give me a KdF Beetle over ANY '50s on cabrio any day8)

Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Nothing to stop the man putting it up for sale for whatever he wants. We can all lament about whether it's worth it or not for the rest of the year but remember, something is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it and someone out there may pay that.

Also remember that a RHD Oval Cabrio is rarer (smaller in numbers) than ANY Split Beetle and I would say even Hebmuller's. So given it needs no welding whatsoever it actually doesn't look that expensive. If you want a rare coachbuilt restored to show winning condition I think the majority on here would be shocked at how much it really costs, I speak from experience! True he may of paid less for it but then perhaps he got a bargain.

Will be interesting to see if it does sell. I reckon he doesn't really want to sell it so it's one of those if someone offers enough, £30k enough, he'll sell. I don't care what anyone tells me, as Donald Trump says, everything and everyone has a price. :lol:

55Kab wrote:

Agreed,

It will fetch whatever anybody is willing to pay and the vendor is entitled to ask what he wants for the car. I considered buying the car when it came up for sale at £11k, but I did my sums and worked out that to complete it to a standard I would be reasonably happy with would cost a further £14k or thereabouts. I couldn't justify spending that sort of $$ on a 'late model' Beetle from the Far East :wink: If it was a UK car, that would have almost certainly been under restoration in my garage now. There may well be somebody out there that will spend £30k on this project.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
14 years ago

There may well be somebody out there that will spend £30k on this project.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Some MADman on drugs who just banged his head falling out of a bar drunk :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

...and the vendor is entitled to ask what he wants for the car.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Just as we are entitled to have a good laugh at him.:wink:
UserPostedImage
Andy Sparks
14 years ago
He is getting a hammering on resto wagen as well by the looks of things.

TBH would love a car like this, but 30K would buy me something with a split dash that i could drive. No one is seriously going to part with that sort of money.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Standard split
14 years ago

He is getting a hammering on resto wagen as well by the looks of things.

TBH would love a car like this, but 30K would buy me something with a split dash that i could drive. No one is seriously going to part with that sort of money.

Andy Sparks wrote:

Not even '50 Karmann – and he's loaded:p

GKL 7
14 years ago

Not even '50 Karmann – and he's loaded:p

Standard split wrote:

£30K is ridiculous.
Been there,done that,only better.
Cabios and Hebs are for tarts:lol: :lol: :lol:
And John,it wasn't too shiney:wink:  _K3C4947.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  _K3C4966.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
14 years ago

£30K is ridiculous.
Been there,done that,only better.
Cabios and Hebs are for tarts:lol: :lol: :lol:
And John,it wasn't too shiney:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yours was certainly one of the better cabrios George, and yes not overly shiny8)

Your '47 was though (ignore 48 RME's churlish remarks on my postings).

Cabios and Hebs are for tarts, so get yourself a lovely old (not too shiny) split-window VW Type 1

They're super cool 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 but not if they're shiny.