Keep telling you,i'm sat here waiting.

BTW Nic is a decent bloke,you two stop it[-x
Standard split
14 years ago

Keep telling you,i'm sat here waiting.

BTW Nic is a decent bloke,you two stop it[-x

'50 Karmann wrote:

He doesn't think others should have an opinion:evil:

Finest vintage VW doesn't come cheap Mr '50 Karmann – see earlier in this thread8)

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
You leave us tarts alone, you cheeky trollop!:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
I know that John.
What do you think a '50 Karmann and a '47 sells for nowadays.
Mind you,your prices were high, when Splits were cheap:lol:
Standard split
14 years ago

You leave us tarts alone, you cheeky trollop!:lol:

JD wrote:

Ooooh – get you:p

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Standard split
14 years ago

I know that John.
What do you think a '50 Karmann and a '47 sells for nowadays.
Mind you,your prices were high, when Splits were cheap:lol:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Split prices are much higher now – but mine have gone up too:!:

55Kab
14 years ago

Give me a KdF Beetle over ANY '50s on cabrio any day8)

Standard split wrote:

Let it go John...there are even more KdF's in the world than RHD Oval Cabs. :wink:

And even a KdF will look shiney once you've give it a good polish! :lol: :beer:

GKL 7
14 years ago

And even a KdF will look shiney once you've give it a good polish! :lol: :beer:

55Kab wrote:

You can't polish a turd.:lol:

Lifes good, that we don't all like the same things.
Standard split
14 years ago

Let it go John...there are even more KdF's in the world than RHD Oval Cabs. :wink:

55Kab wrote:

KdF Split is the Holy Grail for me – cabrios are too fancy, it's the raw VW that's best8)

Standard split
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Not tried, myself 😶

Chris
14 years ago

Lifes good, that we don't all like the same things.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Not tried, myself 😶

Standard split wrote:

Just found a picture of George and John when they last met.....

UserPostedImage

Altogether now.....

T'me, T'you, T'me, T'you..............
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
vintagevw
14 years ago

£30K is ridiculous.
Been there,done that,only better.
Cabios and Hebs are for tarts:lol: :lol: :lol:
And John,it wasn't too shiney:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
55Kab
14 years ago

Cabios and Hebs are for tarts

Standard split wrote:

:shock: But I think you're right! :lol: :lol:

How would you like you haircut sir? :wink:

55Kab
14 years ago
Tell you what George, when you study the 50 from 3/4 rear behind, it just amazes me how perfect Steve Hudson fitted the hood. Spot on shape and not a ripple or large hood bump in sight. That man is a true artisan!

mrsherbie
14 years ago
It would be very dull if we didnt all disagree and argue all the time over worthless trivia. Well thats my life theory anyway :lol:

And secretly Mr standard split knows that there is'nt a better stock home (safely out of reach of mod kids) for any car than with 50 karmann. Its the inconvenient truth. Like global warming.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Standard split
14 years ago

And secretly Mr standard split knows that there is'nt a better stock home (safely out of reach of mod kids) for any car than with 50 karmann. Its the inconvenient truth. Like global warming.

mrsherbie wrote:

Worse than slammin' it and putting it on 'Earlies' – he might decide to wash or even polish the '49 😶

64rotbox
14 years ago
UserPostedImage
You can call me Al.
Standard split
14 years ago

UserPostedImage

64rotbox wrote:

Does just what it says on the tin – 60 years of patina building gone in a flash:x 😶

Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Back on topic...

It looks like the '54 RHD 'vert is going to be broken for parts. Any interested parties should drop the vendor a message.

"i would only make "19k" profit..... so what i have decided to do cause i feel that there is more in there.... more like 24k.. i am going to break it.... if any of you are interested in any of the parts please get intouch....."

I guess at least it makes the remaining RHD Oval 'verts even rarer.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
14 years ago

"i would only make "19k" profit..... so what i have decided to do cause i feel that there is more in there.... more like 24k.. i am going to break it.... if any of you are interested in any of the parts please get intouch....."

Rich Oakley wrote:

Oh! what a tradgedy, only a £19K profit.
He won't make anything like that if he breaks it,never mind 24K.
And it also shows he's a real enthusiast to contemplate breaking it.

Also if he thinks there is 24K in it why not advertise it for 24 instead of breaking it.
Oh! yes the answer to that question is 'cos he won't get 24K for it.