Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hello,
I am wondering if there are beetles out there that are longer continously registered than my 49 split.
The car was first registred on 21st of October 1949 and always stayed registered and driving since then.
I bought the car last month from her second owner, who has bought her in September 1950 and has always driven her since then!
The car is still registered today and can be driven.

Looking forward to your responses.:wink:

Greetings
Dirk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
austria
14 years ago
Hi Dirk!
I think one of the oldest and longest registrated car ist the car from Otto Weymann. The car type 51 is from 1942 and i think it's registrated since this time.

regards Roland
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Hi Dirk!
I think one of the oldest and longest registrated car ist the car from Otto Weymann. The car type 51 is from 1942 and i think it's registrated since this time.

regards Roland

austria wrote:

Otto Weyman's car is not a '42. The chassis is '42, body is '49.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
14 years ago

Otto Weyman's car is not a '42. The chassis is '42, body is '49.

Rich Oakley wrote:

As far as the registration authorities are concerned the chassis gives the year of the car. So, Otto's is a 1942 VW[-x

That will take some beating:wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hello Guys,

I know there are many beetles driving around,that are older than mine.
What I am looking for is the oldest beetle, that has continously been registred from the first day of it's "life".

My car has been registered on 21 october 1949 and has moved to it's second owner in September 1950. Since October 1949 it has never been out of service. So until today this car is continously registered (meaning: having a licence / numberplate) and driving for over 60 years.
So if you know about a beetle, that has been registered for traffic before 21st of October 1949 and has also continously been driven (registered with a license plate
please let me know.

Thanks!
Aircooled greetings
Dirk

Standard split
14 years ago

Hello Guys,

I know there are many beetles driving around,that are older than mine.
What I am looking for is the oldest beetle, that has continously been registred from the first day of it's "life".

My car has been registered on 21 october 1949 and has moved to it's second owner in September 1950. Since October 1949 it has never been out of service. So until today this car is continously registered (meaning: having a licence / numberplate) and driving for over 60 years.
So if you know about a beetle, that has been registered for traffic before 21st of October 1949 and has also continously been driven (registered with a license plate
please let me know.

Thanks!
Aircooled greetings
Dirk

Dr.D. wrote:

We deserve to see a picture now you've got our interest:d

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
I beleive the Colbourne '47 was continually licenced for use on British roads from 1947 until it went on loan to the REME museum in 2006.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Picture is coming this evening...:wink:
Aircooled greetings

Dirk

P.S.: any hint how to get it here without having a url of the pic? I just have it on my computer.
Standard split
14 years ago

Picture is coming this evening...:wink:
Aircooled greetings

Dirk

P.S.: any hint how to get it here without having a url of the pic? I just have it on my computer.

Dr.D. wrote:

If you can save the image as a jpeg under 1mb you should be able to upload it to the forum okay:o

Dr.D.
  • Dr.D.
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hello Guys,
so here are the pics:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Enjoy 😎
Dirk

P.S.: I also got the original 16 inch wheels and the ribbed bumpers with the car.
I am looking for a 49 standard steering wheel and the original 49 only split taillights.
If you have something, please let me know.
Standard split
14 years ago
Hey Dirk, thanks for posting the pictures, a Standard Model too:beer:

Love the colour, the left-right designed semaphores have survived with all that constant use – probably due to having later style signals fitted:o

Intrigued by the trim having been added to the rear window surrounds.

It would be nice to see some of the interior 8)

How many miles-kms has the car done :?:

My old split-window Beetle 'Rattletrap' (in this forum) although not constantly registered and in use like yours, has covered a claimed excess of 860,000 miles ( = over 32 times around the planet :shock: )