69project
14 years ago
im sure this is one of the rarest if you are into this sort of thing???

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=605140 
Car less.....
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Ovalbug
14 years ago
At a guess are they so rare because they are so hideous no-one bought them when they were new? :lol:
You'd have to pay me a large amount of money to put one of those things on any Beetle I owned.........

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
harveypj
14 years ago

You'd have to pay me a large amount of money to put one of those things on any Beetle I owned.........
:wink:

Ovalbug wrote:

My thoughts exactly, Thought I'd pay £2500 :shock: for someone to take it away never mind pay me for the privalige :lol:
Stock......the new custom
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

My thoughts exactly, Thought I'd pay £2500 :shock: for someone to take it away never mind pay me for the privalige :lol:

harveypj wrote:

I'm not really up on roof racks- not really keen on them, but that seems like a lot of money for such an ugly thing! I've just paid similar money last week for a very nice Beetle!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
69project
14 years ago

I'm not really up on roof racks- not really keen on them, but that seems like a lot of money for such an ugly thing! I've just paid similar money last week for a very nice Beetle!

Rich Oakley wrote:

and you have not shown us pics???
Car less.....
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

and you have not shown us pics???

69project wrote:

Correct.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
14 years ago
Fugly thing that rack.
Hasn't Geoff "the buffer" got a similar looking thing.
GKL 7
14 years ago

I've just paid similar money last week for a very nice Beetle!

Rich Oakley wrote:

Mexicans don't count.
jz56oval
12 years ago
I love these racks.....
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Just about the most awful thing for your vintage Beetle:thumbdn:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Fugly thing that rack.
Hasn't Geoff "the buffer" got a similar looking thing.

GKL 7 wrote:

He's got one of those 'fugly' Tatraplans too.

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I bet it keeps the slicks planted firmly in the top end of the strip though. :rofl:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Old Blue
12 years ago
Why would you add that to your Beetle.

If you've that much stuff to carry around and the roof rack isn't enough, maybe its time to get a VW bus.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!