Rich Oakley
14 years ago
"Restored to the highest standards..." states the ad. Pity they didn't put any thought into restoring with at least more than a handful of correct parts. I particularly love the budget carpet, no doubt from Allied Carpets' Hungarian subsidiary. I wouldn't normally comment, but it's up for over £18k. Feast your eyes on the following...
https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=606565 
UserPostedImage

The owner is also selling a late model 1303 Kab with dubious looking shut-lines and quarter repairs. Surely a bargain at around £9k (Earth Pounds)...
UserPostedImage
(sorry for the late model pic Rob!)
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Standard split
14 years ago
You may as well go for this at £11,000, its in Kent and been up for sale for a few weeks.

www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/71198  0845168001254128602.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
64rotbox
14 years ago
"erm....speechless really. cost twice that to resto one back to stock, sound investment for sum1."

The VZi expert posse in full effect, again. God bless 'em. Nice use of self tappers on those carpets.
You can call me Al.
Si Med
14 years ago
Cringe!

18k of sound investment... hmmm
54 UK rhd
mrsherbie
14 years ago
:beer: :lol: I just saw that on there too and been laughing to myself thinking please someone say something! but no one has so far! :lol:
I find it frightening though how many people can only see its shiny paint! But also I wonder what 20k euros buys you in budapest? ( probably a house :lol: ) I fear the seller may unwittingly end up getting a battering at some point for coming across as treating uk buyers like rich fools? But then I suspect he is not aware of our credit crunch economy situation! Bless em :lol:

I can save 1k and have this super kab instead! ( oh PLEASE SANTA, GOD, anyone!)
54 kab in classifieds 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Standard split
14 years ago

I find it frightening though how many people can only see its shiny paint!

mrsherbie wrote:

Shiny paint 😶

That's the bit that puts me off. So much nicer to see a dull old finish 😎

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
GKL 7
14 years ago

Shiny paint 😶

Standard split wrote:

shugasblogiwood_boring.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Okay, here's a nice ragtop split for sale at

www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C128026/

Should the ragtop be black though. I've not seen red before:?

1950 Sunroof Split.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
14 years ago

should the ragtop be black though. I've not seen red before:?

Standard split wrote:

Think you'll find that's a Bordeaux red car like your '49,so the sunroof could be correct.

Isn't that 356boy's car? Mmmm!wonder what he's found now.
Pricivius
14 years ago

:beer: :lol: I just saw that on there too and been laughing to myself thinking please someone say something!

mrsherbie wrote:

At least one of your prayers has been answered - someone's said something...:wink:
Dawn
64rotbox
14 years ago
That won't last long.
You can call me Al.
Standard split
14 years ago

Think you'll find that's a Bordeaux red car like your '49,so the sunroof could be correct.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Maybe the same colour as my '49, but this has no rag top so I cannot draw a comparison. The colour of the rag top just does not look correct to me:?

I don't see why being painted red means the rag is red too. Black, grey or brown would suit much better:wink:

This picture also illustrates how a rag top ruins the curves of these beautiful old cars. Who's laid that rug on the roof? :twisted:

1950 Sunroof Split.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

This picture also illustrates how a rag top ruins the curves of these beautiful old cars. Who's laid that rug on the roof? :twisted:

Standard split wrote:

I wouldn´t buy another Beetle without a sunroof. Makes them ten times nicer IMHO.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

I would agree with that too.Cant beat the wind blowing on your bald head!!
Sunroof53
14 years ago
Factory sunroofs rule imo .The ultimate factory extra .There's nothing like the wind in your hair on a sunny day and even asthetically look good ,especially rolled back.I can assure you that once your driving a Sunroof car the last thing on your mind is whether its altered the roof line .
Nice Video of Johnshenry sunroof split! and its for sale !!

Not so many sunroof shots but nice all the same

Standard split
14 years ago

I wouldn´t buy another Beetle without a sunroof. Makes them ten times nicer IMHO.

JD wrote:

I would agree with that too.Cant beat the wind blowing on your bald head!!

59 Ragtop wrote:

Next you'll try to kid me that the rag top roof improves the appearance, although I do think they look better when rolled back.

This one looks particularly wrong as it is red, and really does look as though its been plonked on the roof 😶

As for the wind in your hair nonsense, a cabrio would be far better in ride and looks. I've turned down splits with rag tops, and as for a Standard with a ragtop, seems odd to make an economy basic model then add the expense of a sunroof rather than some interior refinements or sound proofing :?

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Next you'll try to kid me that the rag top roof improves the appearance, although I do think they look better when rolled back.

This one looks particularly wrong as it is red, and really does look as though its been plonked on the roof 😶

As for the wind in your hair nonsense, a cabrio would be far better in ride and looks. I've turned down splits with rag tops, and as for a Standard with a ragtop, seems odd to make an economy basic model then add the expense of a sunroof rather than some interior refinements or sound proofing :?

Standard split wrote:

I like the looks too, though I understand what you mean.

Cabrios? No-one likes those hairdresser-mobiles!

I think the Rag top was something that you could order at not inconsiderable extra cost, so it was more down to the customer I suppose. If you really wanted a sunroof, but couldn´t afford the Deluxe/export model, then you´d end up with a Standard sunroof. Does seem odd though.
UserPostedImage
Standard split
14 years ago

Cabrios? No-one likes those hairdresser-mobiles!

JD wrote:

True – I may put up with a Heb in the garage though:d

pre67vw
14 years ago
Next best thing to a real convertable... :d

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Next best thing to a real convertable... :d

pre67vw wrote:

Very cool. Shame they´re so rare. Could always hack up a split to make your own I s´pose.:twisted:
UserPostedImage