Hubcap
  • Hubcap
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi

I am just about to get a little paint work carried out on my RHD 60 ghia, and wanted to take the opportunity to make it as good as possible, so am hoping to replace the set of trim on the drivers side as well as one of the front bumper over riders.

Does anybody know a good place to locate these items?

thanks

Simon
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Jules
14 years ago
Be careful with the side trims, the correct ones are a different profile to the kits that most suppliers stock today.

We (KK) have the correct kit, and overiders....

Feel free to give us a call!!

Hubcap
  • Hubcap
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Cheers Jules

Will probably give you a ring shortly

thanks

Simon
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Simon,

Sorry I missed your call t'other day- was in a meeting.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Hubcap
  • Hubcap
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi

Thanks John, I have not actually done anything about it yet!

I have just got back from a trip with my family and will be getting it done soonish. However in the meantime a guy came to pick up some parts and drop some others off and has put me into a slight quandary as he said he would leave it all well alone and just use the car as is.

It will probably never be in a show so more head scratching!

Simon
Hubcap
  • Hubcap
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Heres the car in question.....

UserPostedImage
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago
Most people around here know my opinion on whether to restore or not. My Ghia isn't likely to be in a concours show either but on the other hand, it shows well... warts and all. I'm not a patina freak but I don't like sacrificing originality for perfection.

You car is probably like mine, not perfect but always admired...be happy with that and save you money to keep the car running.:wink:
John.
55Kab
14 years ago

Heres the car in question.....

UserPostedImage

Hubcap wrote:

That's ^^^ a lovely car Simon. Is it a UK RHD car?

Hubcap
  • Hubcap
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
It is a rhd car, but was originally South African car.

It has been in the uk for 8 or so years, and was in a collection in SA prior to that.

seems to have survived well for an old VW.