69project
14 years ago
A friend of mine is currently restoring a 25hp engine from a split window bug

the exhaust is being changed but his dilema is....

a} nos vw stamped 25/30hp exhaust with twin outlets

b} a repro exhaust from status vw with the correct single outlet

is it a case of better to keep slightly wrong but nos,or repro but correct????

simon
Car less.....
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
It's his choice, but if he fits a dual tip exhaust, he'll have to cut some holes in his rear valance.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
69project
14 years ago
i assume then that the exit tip of the exhaust on a 25hp would be lower then so that they pass under rear apron?
Car less.....
pre67vw
14 years ago

i assume then that the exit tip of the exhaust on a 25hp would be lower then so that they pass under rear apron?

69project wrote:

Not on a stock exhaust, the Abarth/Okrasa style 4 tips hang down under the valence though.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago

69project wrote:

There is a "step" down in the 25hp tailpipe to clear the rear valance.(more of a gentle bend,actually)  _K3C4935.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Not on a stock exhaust, the Abarth/Okrasa style 4 tips hang down under the valence though.

pre67vw wrote:

O rly?

UserPostedImage
William
GKL 7
14 years ago
That's not a good example Gertie pick a stock car[-x 😳 [-x

Very few Split owners run original silencers,they usual end up using a typ 2 exhaust due to availability.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

That's not a good example Gertie pick a stock car[-x 😳 [-x

Very few Split owners run original silencers,they usual end up using a typ 2 exhaust due to availability.

'50 Karmann wrote:

NO bumper = easy to see :wink:
William
69project
14 years ago
thanks for advice but you are all sitting on the fence

so a nos vw twin outlet would not fit unless apron has cutouts or would it with 25hp curved tailpipes fit?

im after advice as i wouldnt want my "friend" to do it wrong then everybody to complain,lol :wink:
Car less.....
GKL 7
14 years ago

NO bumper = easy to see :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

But it's not a stock 25hp exhaust
GKL 7
14 years ago

It's his choice, but if he fits a dual tip exhaust, he'll have to cut some holes in his rear valance.

Rich Oakley wrote:

The Prof answered your question about twin outlet exhausts about 6 posts ago and i included a picture of an original NOS 25hp exhaust.
What more can we do? questions,answered:roll:

Oh! and tell him to use the repro and not to cut the rear valance.Goes without saying and you shouldn't have needed to ask.

Regards
A.Fencesitter
heb623
14 years ago
Nice "SHOE SCRAPERS" George!!!:roll:

:twisted: ET

btw Was your L41 paint totally finished after spraying?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  george.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
14 years ago
We've been there before E.T,you have the memory of a goldfish.
heb623
14 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!