48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Is anybody else interested in VW toys? I like to restore and repaint old models and this time, I thought I would make a replica of my car so I don't have to miss it during the long winter months when it's stored away.
I have used a 1961 model currently made by Vitesse, filled the front wing indicator holes and swapped the steering wheel for one which came from a Vitesse split window model.:wink:
 TOY.01a.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  TOY.02a.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  TOY.03a.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  TOY.04a.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
356boy
13 years ago
you have to much spare time on your hands
pre67vw
13 years ago
Thats really cool!

This was our Oval that we used in the stop motion movie...  IMG_6241.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
  • 48REME
13 years ago
Nice! Would love to see the movie:wink:
GKL 7
13 years ago
Nice one NCF,keeps you off the streets.
pre67vw
13 years ago

Nice! Would love to see the movie:wink:

48REME wrote:

This one...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Jules
13 years ago
What a great idea, top work NCF!!
It's nice to have a model of your pride & joy, I had this one of my old camper made by a very talented guy years ago, must have been around '95 or '96!!

Rob, this is a very trick new setup for picture viewing... like it a lot!!! Happy Birthday 😎  VOO_810_1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  VOO_810_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  VOO_810_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  VOO_810_4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  VOO_810_5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Si Med
13 years ago

This one...

pre67vw wrote:

That... is epic!
54 UK rhd
48REME
  • 48REME
13 years ago

Thats really cool!

This was our Oval that we used in the stop motion movie...

pre67vw wrote:

Absolutely fantastic Rob!:wink:
48REME
  • 48REME
13 years ago

What a great idea, top work NCF!!
It's nice to have a model of your pride & joy, I had this one of my old camper made by a very talented guy years ago, must have been around '95 or '96!!

Rob, this is a very trick new setup for picture viewing... like it a lot!!! Happy Birthday 😎

Jules wrote:

Lovely model, Jules, great!:wink:
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Is anybody else interested in VW toys? I like to restore and repaint old models and this time, I thought I would make a replica of my car so I don't have to miss it during the long winter months when it's stored away.
I have used a 1961 model currently made by Vitesse, filled the front wing indicator holes and swapped the steering wheel for one which came from a Vitesse split window model.:wink:

48REME wrote:

Great work Nicolas!

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Robb
13 years ago
great model! so are you taking orders 😉
48REME
  • 48REME
13 years ago

great model! so are you taking orders ;)

Robb wrote:

'Hadn't thought of that but I could be persuaded-time and work permitting! You need to find a model close enough in detail/year to your car first though, to use as a base.
Have you already got one or know of one?:wink:
Standard split
13 years ago

48REME wrote:

Smashing stuff Nicolas :!:

I'll have to have a diorama of Rattletrap and my '49 done :p

Did anyone notice the Tatra in the YouTube film :d

Picture 1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
59 Ragtop
13 years ago
Robb
13 years ago

'Hadn't thought of that but I could be persuaded-time and work permitting! You need to find a model close enough in detail/year to your car first though, to use as a base.
Have you already got one or know of one?:wink:

48REME wrote:

no havent got one, ideally be after a 67 1500 in savanna beige ;)

fancy a challenge?! :d

p.s what scale is that model?
48REME
  • 48REME
13 years ago

no havent got one, ideally be after a 67 1500 in savanna beige ;)

fancy a challenge?! :d

p.s what scale is that model?

Robb wrote:

The scale is 1:43 which makes the toy about 10cm long.
If you find the right model (of your car), I'll do it for you:wink: