Rob Mac UK
13 years ago
Recently bought a 56 RHD oval YDP 789 from London, does anyone have any old pics or history on it?
Thanks
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
13 years ago

Recently bought a 56 RHD oval YDP 789 from London, does anyone have any old pics or history on it?
Thanks

Rob Mac UK wrote:

Sorry Rob, nothing from me on that one, maybe Prof O has some details. It does make it on our list as the 247th UK Oval!

Can we see some photos of it?

Rob Mac UK
13 years ago
Thanks for looking. I will take some pics today and post them later.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Can't say that I recognise that plate. Look forward to seeing the pictures. What's the story behind it?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rob Mac UK
13 years ago
I bought the car from a guy in London last week having had it advertised on Pistonheads for a while, he had owned the car for 2 years but in that time he did not drive it and had left it in his garage the only work he had done was to badly fit a narrowed beam.
It was not really the car I was after but i kind of like the fact it is RHD and a UK car. The previous owner to the chap I bought it off had had the car for 12 years and seemed to look after the car well. The car is matching numbers, gearbox and engine are nice. It has obviously had a bump in the front as valance, bonnet and wings are repro it has also been painted a silver Toyota colour in 1989 when the car had a bump also interior has been retrimmed green. Original colour was polar silver.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Thanks for posting the pics Rob. I do recognise the car (from the interior pic), but don't know any of its history.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Ovalbug
13 years ago

... It does make it on our list as the 247th UK Oval!

55Kab wrote:

Can I ask what's the situation regarding the UK-sold oval register that you were gathering info for back in the Spring of 2009?
My car was one of those vehicles for whom info was submitted, but that's the last I've ever heard, unless I missed an announcement?...........:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Can I ask what's the situation regarding the UK-sold oval register that you were gathering info for back in the Spring of 2009?
My car was one of those vehicles for whom info was submitted, but that's the last I've ever heard, unless I missed an announcement?...........:wink:

Ovalbug wrote:

'On-going' is the word we use :lol: Cars are slowly being added to the list as they surface, or as owners send their details to us. We are also trawling old publicatons and adding cars to the list from old pictures/registers. It will get published one day, but both Martin and I have busy jobs and the register gets worked on sporadically.
Ovalbug
13 years ago

'On-going' is the word we use :lol: Cars are slowly being added to the list as they surface, or as owners send their details to us. We are also trawling old publicatons and adding cars to the list from old pictures/registers. It will get published one day, but both Martin and I have busy jobs and the register gets worked on sporadically.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Thanks for the info, was getting a bit concerned that the whole concept had died a death, so to speak......

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD