VW Stan
  • VW Stan
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Following a review meeting with representatives of the Lavenham Parish Council at the weekend,
I am pleased to be able to let you all know that the second Lavenham Vintage VW meet will be
happening as planned on Saturday 23rd June 2012.

We hope to be able to start the registration process next summer, so please keep an eye on the website
for full details in due course. https://www.pre67vw.com/lavenham/ 

Malcolm :d

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Chris
13 years ago
Great news Malc :d

Any idea of dates so we can look at booking hotels / B&B etc.

Might even give me the kick up the arse I need to get a move on with mine :oops: (That's if I can remember where I left it :cry: )
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Dubster
13 years ago
Great news indeed, Lavenham 2008 was the best show I've ever attended, lovely location (helped by the fantastic weather that weekend) and the best selection of vintage VW metal ever assembled in the UK.

I'll be there 🙂
December 1966 UK 1500 Beetle
Robb
13 years ago
Definitely be there in the 67 😎

Great news and great work! :d
pp
  • pp
13 years ago
Great news that the show is on again in 2012 :d

(but to bad I can't participate with my Vintage VW, as it was built in sept. 1968 :wink:)

Regards,
Paul
www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
brille52
13 years ago
Everything was booked for Lavenham 2008 and at the end ,I could not go...every month , the ferry-newsletter reminds me of the " not used booked transfer to England " :wink:

I will start planing right now for Lav 2012 !! Great news !! Thanks to the whole Lavenham team for making this happen !!!!!:d

a8)
pre67vw
13 years ago
So I have 2 years to find and restore a cheap Heb :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Who knows, mime MIGHT have paint by then. :lol:

Nice to have something concrete to look forward to.
William
Ovaltine
13 years ago

Great news that the show is on again in 2012 :d

(but to bad I can't participate with my Vintage VW, as it was built in sept. 1968 :wink:)

Regards,
Paul

pp wrote:

A nice 68 has so much more vintage appeal than a later early 70s on. A shame a car like this is not allowed yet type 3s are :?

Great its going to happen, I can't bring my 70 though 😞

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Beetle_Mania
13 years ago
Hey guys, before you lose heart, remember that we have a VW only parking area for anyone who owns a VW to use. Everyone is welcome to come to Lavenham, no matter what year or how low your VW is. In 2008 we had over 200 VW's on the meadow and the atmosphere was just fantastic! So, whilst the display area is controlled, there is still plenty of opportunity for everyone to come and have a great day out.
Bert53
13 years ago
Great news Malcolm and well done again for all your hard work during Lavenham 2008. The Lavenham Parish Council must have been impressed by your organisation to invite us all back :d

John
55Kab
13 years ago

So I have 2 years to find and restore a cheap Heb :beer:

pre67vw wrote:

Forget the restore thing, you got 2 years just to find a cheap Heb...!!!

55Kab
13 years ago

Everyone is welcome to come to Lavenham, no matter what year or how low your VW is

Beetle_Mania wrote:

Phew, good news, I was just thinking here's another event where the 55 is not allowed out to play :lol:

Good news Malc, well done.

Standard split
13 years ago
This is wonderful news:d

I now have to let Rattletrap know, he's a little excitable about this, swears its being laid on for him 😛

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
RockStock
13 years ago
rob, time to ban all talk of RT. i seriously cant stand it any more.
brilliant that Lavenham is on; thanks guys.
StockRocks
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
This is great news. Well done to all involved for working towards another epic event in 2012.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
13 years ago
I cant wait! the child & I will not have flu this year :twisted:
One of the few shows for 2011 for me :d
Actually I am looking forward to seeing RT :oops: :d will it have its own podium?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pre67vw
13 years ago

One of the few shows for 2011 for me :d

mrsherbie wrote:

2012.. You can go next year, but it'll be a more low-key one car affair :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Ovaltine
13 years ago

rob, time to ban all talk of RT. i seriously cant stand it any more.
brilliant that Lavenham is on; thanks guys.

RockStock wrote:

The previous Rattletrap post is amusing, yet this guy has a moan to the administrator.

A feature of Lavenham for me will be Rattletrap not a Karmann Ghia. I'd imagine Standard split's enthusiasm must be getting dented by the numerous anti-rattletrap comments littering these forums, so I'd not blame him not bothering taking it there. His thread is even locked too for good measure – hence this has had to go here :!:

I cant wait! ....
Actually I am looking forward to seeing RT :oops: :d will it have its own podium?

mrsherbie wrote:

Out of all the blokes it takes a lady to post something nice :d

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
pre67vw
13 years ago

A feature of Lavenham for me will be Rattletrap not a Karmann Ghia.

Ovaltine wrote:

I'd prefer to look at a nice original Karmann Ghia, or a lowered Karmann Ghia on earlies... but each to their own. :wink:

I'd imagine Standard split's enthusiasm must be getting dented by the numerous anti-rattletrap comments littering these forums

Ovaltine wrote:

I hope so. My enthusiasm is certainly dented by numerous posts by Standard Split.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW