pbaptist
13 years ago
Beutler first built the 6 Gmünd cars in 1948-49, During the period between 1953-1958 Beutler build 28? VW based 4-seats cars. From 1958-1962 Beutler build six 4-seater 356 Coupes and one Cabriolet.

https://www.typ356.de/beutler 

Here is an overview of 7 remaining VW based Beutlers 4 seaters.

7 * Beutler VW

1953, First Beutler convertible made. Located in Germany
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

1957 Coupe Brown located in Germany (VW museum)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

1958 Coupe Yellow, Located in US

1958 Coupe Red, Located in Swiss
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

195? Located in the US. was painted silver-blue in the late 90th

1954 Found picture in IVVM VOL 5, nr2 as Alain Veillemier his 1954 Beutler. Is this car one of the others? Who has better pictures and were is it located now?
UserPostedImage

1955 Picture from the same IVVM issue. This lightblue car was last seen in Chateau d' Oex in Swiss around 1995?, now located in London. Who has better pictures of this car?
UserPostedImage

3 * Beutler Pick-up

UserPostedImage

For info about Beutler Porsche see: https://www.typ356.de/beutler/ 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
There are a few more.. soem off the top of my head: 1: Paolo's red one, ex-Mr Beutler and winner at HO two times ago... and 2: The silver-blue one that went from Mr Herrlin to Blue Nelson about 10 years ago.. I guess it is still hiding in Blue's father's hangar..
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
The red pick up is not a Beutler - it´s a Fischer. Search for Fischer on the forum.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pbaptist
13 years ago

There are a few more.. soem off the top of my head: 1: Paolo's red one, ex-Mr Beutler and winner at HO two times ago... and 2: The silver-blue one that went from Mr Herrlin to Blue Nelson about 10 years ago.. I guess it is still hiding in Blue's father's hangar..

SplitPersonality wrote:

Hi olstein,

Is this the silver Beutler that Blue Nelson has now?
UserPostedImage

Do you know if there are two red ones. If have seen pictures of Red Beutler's with different licence plates, but thought it was all the same car.

regards
patrick

pbaptist
13 years ago

The red pick up is not a Beutler - it´s a Fischer. Search for Fischer on the forum.

JD wrote:

Thanks, I didn't knwo that.
I will move the car from the Beutler overview to the other overview.

What about the grey one? Is that one original??

Patrick
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Thanks, I didn't knwo that.
I will move the car from the Beutler overview to the other overview.

What about the grey one? Is that one original??

Patrick

pbaptist wrote:

I´ve no idea, sorry. I only know about the red car as it belonged to a friend.
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Do you know if there are two red ones. If have seen pictures of Red Beutler's with different licence plates, but thought it was all the same car.

pbaptist wrote:

There is indeed two red ones in Switzerland... They used to belong to two brothers, but the later one - the one you pictured - (the very last VW-Beutler ever made - all Porsche components) have recently been sold. The one on the right is ex-Mr Beutler's personal car, recent winner in Hessisch and belongs to the one and only - Paolo - world authority on Beutlers.

UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Hi olstein,

Is this the silver Beutler that Blue Nelson has now?
UserPostedImage

pbaptist wrote:

It might very well be - I have not seen that picture before.

It was on the East Coast for a long time - ended up in Mr Herlin's collection. Was then an older restoration and all silver. In mid-90-ies traded against a Beeskow to Blue (too many details surrounding that deal)... Blue drove it cross country out to California, added blue scalloops on it and took it to a couple of shows... I am not sure who owns it and/or where it is hiding these days.

A couple of pictures from the early 2000s:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
pbaptist
13 years ago

There is indeed two red ones in Switzerland... They used to belong to two brothers, but the later one - the one you pictured - (the very last VW-Beutler ever made - all Porsche components) have recently been sold. The one on the right is ex-Mr Beutler's personal car, recent winner in Hessisch and belongs to the one and only - Paolo - world authority on Beutlers.

UserPostedImage

SplitPersonality wrote:

I know there is also the red Porsche 356B Beutler that is/was for sale recently, but that was not the one I showed in the pictures.

I have pictures of a red VW beutler with 4 different licence plates, but still think this is all the same car. (with sunroof, and white fog lights)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

This pictures come form the Hessisch show (licence plate TI 7855)
pbaptist
13 years ago

It might very well be - I have not seen that picture before.

It was on the East Coast for a long time - ended up in Mr Herlin's collection. Was then an older restoration and all silver. In mid-90-ies traded against a Beeskow to Blue (too many details surrounding that deal)... Blue drove it cross country out to California, added blue scalloops on it and took it to a couple of shows... I am not sure who owns it and/or where it is hiding these days.

A couple of pictures from the early 2000s:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

SplitPersonality wrote:

I found an other picture of this car. It really looks great.
Now I also want one. (I have a Okrasa powered lowlight vert for trade!! :d )
UserPostedImage
paoton
13 years ago
Well the red car is mine, and - as Splitpersonality said - it's only one! The number plate BE 2502 was the private one of Mr. Beutler himself, the number BE 824U was the garage plate of the carosserie Beutler back in the 70ies/80ies. The two different plates TI 7855 and TI 99102 belong both to me and were on the car in 2 different periods. I'm not James Bond, the number plate here in Switzerland is personal and not related to the car. So if you drive 100 cars over 50 years, all these cars are gonna have the same number.

I think that there are some further, not yet known cars, at least 2. Mine isn't a 1954, as reported, but a 1958 (like the yellow one - that's why they are so similar, except for the tail and the dashboard)  Montreux2009-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
13 years ago
Hello, Paoton.

Welcome to the show...Great you find your way here.
Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pbaptist
13 years ago

Well the red car is mine, and - as Splitpersonality said - it's only one! The number plate BE 2502 was the private one of Mr. Beutler himself, the number BE 824U was the garage plate of the carosserie Beutler back in the 70ies/80ies. The two different plates TI 7855 and TI 99102 belong both to me and were on the car in 2 different periods. I'm not James Bond, the number plate here in Switzerland is personal and not related to the car. So if you drive 100 cars over 50 years, all these cars are gonna have the same number.

I think that there are some further, not yet known cars, at least 2. Mine isn't a 1954, as reported, but a 1958 (like the yellow one - that's why they are so similar, except for the tail and the dashboard)

paoton wrote:

Hallo Paolo,

Thanks for joining this topic about the Beutler cars. As Oystein writes you are the world authority on Beutlers.

Can you confirm the production figure of 28 VW Beutlers made?

regards
Patrick

heb623
13 years ago
What a mistake to make!!!:shock:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
heb623
13 years ago
Twice!!!

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Hello JD?

where do you get that wisdom?
I know the owner and I know the story about that car and all I can say:It is a Beutler!:shock:

heb623 wrote:

This is the blog of my friend, who (I assume) your friend bought it from.

https://krautspeed.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&max-results=12 
UserPostedImage
pbaptist
13 years ago
Not VW but it is Beutler related,

I find this ad today.
Seems like Beutler also make special cars based on the porsche 944. They call it the Porsche 944 SaCA (Safety Cabriolet)

Has anybody seen this before?

UserPostedImage

regards
Patrick
heb623
13 years ago
You are wright and I am wrong!!!:oops:
Just shoot me!!! :shock:
Not really!!![-x

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Just shoot me!!! :shock:

heb623 wrote:

Ok, just a little. :lol:

UserPostedImage
vintagevw
13 years ago
Hm, I know this garage very well! 😉 :beer: