gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi, I'm in need a 6v dynamo for my 56 oval as mine went today getting to the Ivan hirst show.:?
Many thanks
Marc.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Are you certain the generator is faulty, or is it that your battery isn't charging?

There's some helpful articles here  and here  which explain a few simple tests you can perform on the generator -- it could be a bad earth, a faulty regulator or even worn generator brushes. Those articles also give a nice explanation on how it all works.
Apologies in advance if you've already proven where your fault lies. I'm not necessarily saying that you need that level of information but if you're just starting to troubleshoot the problem you should find this a clearly presented and very informative read.

Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
GKL 7
13 years ago
Why not send it to Peter Good of Volksgoods,he has done a few for me and friends over the years,and a very nice job indeed.
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

Are you certain the generator is faulty, or is it that your battery isn't charging?

There's some helpful articles here  and here  which explain a few simple tests you can perform on the generator -- it could be a bad earth, a faulty regulator or even worn generator brushes. Those articles also give a nice explanation on how it all works.
Apologies in advance if you've already proven where your fault lies. I'm not necessarily saying that you need that level of information but if you're just starting to troubleshoot the problem you should find this a clearly presented and very informative read.

tman wrote:

Yeah it's defo gone bad, but it's only the bearings so not too bad. Found a local auto lec to do it and he's old school so he knows what he's doing. £40 all in. :d