UserPostedImage

:shock:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
13 years ago
Can't see the pics James- what's happened?

Edit- It's ok, they've just opened now! :wink:
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
55Kab
13 years ago
Damn you James...I wish you'd stop posting photos of my future projects! :lol:

heb623
13 years ago

Can't see the pics James- what's happened?

vintagebug wrote:

Dave, what kind of "hond" you are?:lol:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

Damn you James...I wish you'd stop posting photos of my future projects! :lol:

55Kab wrote:

:lol:
You´ll need some 6" diameter Fuchs for that second one.
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagebug
13 years ago

Dave, what kind of "hond" you are?:lol:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Ovaltine
13 years ago

UserPostedImage

Rich Oakley wrote:

I'm confused - its RHD, does it exist here still:?:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

I'm confused - its RHD, does it exist here still:?:

Ovaltine wrote:

No, now scrapped as far as I'm aware. It started life as a 52 Sunroof Split and then was converted by the Lincs VWOC sometime in the 1970s.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
13 years ago

a 52 Sunroof Split converted by the Lincs VWOC

Rich Oakley wrote:

Muppets:evil:
55Kab
13 years ago

Muppets:evil:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Don't foget it was the seventies. Split Bug's weren't worth a w**k then...even if it did have a sunroof... :lol:

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Mad! When contemplating a project such as this, did they not consider that the usual reason for attacking ones car with an angle grinder is to make it better, not worse. Expending time and energy to ruin a car is difficult to understand.
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
13 years ago
UserPostedImage
Its difficult to understand the mentality involved in hacking a car such as this around. If this really was a club of VW enthusiasts, even in the 1970s they were vandalising a classic. What a shame, even the rear window's been butchered (no centre pillar), a car today that I'd prize as many of us would. Looks like one of those awful government supplied blue invalid carriages from the 1960s-70's.

I weep:cry:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
13 years ago
UserPostedImage

This has top the lot for a vintage Beetle tragedy, although more excusable than the previous butchery as clearly done when splits or ovals were still in production. What an early car (45, 46, 47?). First saw this in Bob Shaill's Split-Window Club newsletter about 1981. Needless to say,even this mess would have a significant value today, just for parts (whats left):(

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
13 years ago

UserPostedImage
Its difficult to understand the mentality involved in hacking a car such as this around. If this really was a club of VW enthusiasts, even in the 1970s they were vandalising a classic. What a shame, even the rear window's been butchered (no centre pillar), a car today that I'd prize as many of us would. Looks like one of those awful government supplied blue invalid carriages from the 1960s-70's.

I weep:cry:

Rattletrap wrote:

Don't forget that at this time in the UK you could drive a three wheeler with only a motorbike licence, which gave rise to a big market in three wheelers. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason for the conversion, it was probably cheaper and faster than most three wheelers available at the time... I wouldn't think it was considered a classic in the 70s, looking in the old safer motoring mags you could pick splits up for peanuts
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
13 years ago
Found today,that would be rebuilt back to original spec.
They mignt not have been worth a W**k Martin,but those of us buying them,knew what we had and their significance.