overrestored
13 years ago
I would like to suggest that we divide the coachbuilt forum into separate sub forums. So that first... you click on the coachbuilt forums (plural) and then once on that page you see various sub-forums for each coachbuilder. I would also suggest that Karmann Ghias be added to the Coachbuilt forum... along with Karmann Cabriolets... so long as they are also under their own special subheading.

This will make it a lot easier to research all the various comments on each separate make.

My breakdown would be thus:

Karmann
- Ghia
---- 1959 and earlier
---- 1960 and later
- Beetle Cabriolet
- other Karmann
Hebmuller
- 14A
- other
Rometsch
- Beeskow
- Lawrence
- other Rometsch
Dannenhauer and Stauss
Beutler
Denzel
Other Coachbuilt Volkswagen

If an "other" coachbuilt starts to have many, many topics... then we separate it out into it's own heading.

I think that Patrick's Stickies at the top of the current Coachbuilt forum (or somthing like this) would be the ideal top post in each heading... as they show the best overview of the remaining cars... which I think is the most important aspect of these forums for a first time viewer.

I know that adding Karmann might cause some fuss... so I am willing to back off on adding Karmann... but I do think they belong in this category to a degree.

protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
13 years ago
I'm always open to suggestions/improvements, my concern is that there's not enough activity to warrant this much breakdown - especially breaking the ghia into years when theres hardly ever any posts on those anyway.

What about breaking it down, but not quite so far..

Coachbuilt Forums
--Karmann (inc Ghia & Cabrio)
--Hebmuller (14A, 18A)
--Rometsch (inc Beeskow & Lawrence)
--Dannenhauer & Stauss
--Other coachbuilt (inc Beutler, Denzel, Drews)

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
13 years ago

I'm always open to suggestions/improvements, my concern is that there's not enough activity to warrant this much breakdown - especially breaking the ghia into years when theres hardly ever any posts on those anyway.

Coachbuilt Forums
--Hebmuller (14A, 18A)
--Dannenhauer & Stauss
--Other coachbuilt (inc Beutler, Denzel, Drews)

pre67vw wrote:

I agree that Rob. Some special cars will not have enough reaction. Like Denzel and Waibel...Others have more input like the one above. After all a good point from Eric to split the coachbuilt into catergories:thumbup: .

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
overrestored
13 years ago

Coachbuilt Forums
--Hebmuller (14A, 18A)
--Dannenhauer & Stauss
--Other coachbuilt (inc Beutler, Denzel, Drews, etc etc etc.)

pre67vw wrote:

The short list above is fine with me... I added "etc etc etc"!

It would really make it easier to search for specific information. I have found over the years that some of the best info on coachbuilts... happens when a thread about one thing is "swiped" and a new idea or photo is interjected into that thread that really has great value. So many times I have lost touch with these photos or links or comments...because I don't have time to go back through ALL of the coachbuilt comments. It would be a lot easier with this subheading I think

in the interest keeping accurate accounting and records of these cars... for the future... this change will make things a lot easier.

Thanks
Eric
pre67vw
13 years ago
OK, I will implement the change. It'll probably take quite a while to go through all of the existing posts to move them into the correct section though, so don't expect it immediately :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
We love you Rob!
pre67vw
13 years ago
Spent all evening going through old posts and moving them into the various categories. Some of them I've just deleted, things like posts to eBay items that have long since gone - or various other threads of no value (anyone remember TINA?)

Still lots to go through, but I've had enough for tonight. It's actually pretty amazing the amount of great stuff in here though, tons of Heb info and tons of Rometsch info. Would be cool to dig a few out and see if we can find what happened to them!

Anyway,
Laters.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Interesting....I was wondering where you would categorize Der Wiger when doing this...One-off or "heb-related"... I see it ended up in the Hebmuller-section. OK by me.
pre67vw
13 years ago

Interesting....I was wondering where you would categorize Der Wiger when doing this...One-off or "heb-related"... I see it ended up in the Hebmuller-section. OK by me.

SplitPersonality wrote:

Well, technically I guess its a one-off but it's closer to a Heb than anything else.

The way I was dividing them up was 'which section would this be of interest to' rather than strictly on the builder, so there are some Heb replica threads than went into the Hebmuller section - strictly speaking these aren't Hebmuller either but it felt the right place for them to be.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
13 years ago
Done! All topics either moved or deleted, please don't make me have to do that again anytime soon!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
overrestored
13 years ago
now... if you could just separate all the white car photos into a white car thread... red cars into a red...you get the idea.

Then prioritize all the posts by chassis number...

:p

seriously... thanks for the changes made Rob!

zelensis61
13 years ago
Hi Rob, Life is much easyer now...seriously... thanks for the changes :beer: :beer: in BC:thumbup:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective