13 years ago
Wow!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Here you go Oystein. I think if I was starting from nothing, I´d combine the smaller rear lights with the lower wing line and no side "tick". I guess they didn´t build any like that, but they never built a 2+2 either, so hey, why not?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
No comment Oystein?
Is it that bad?
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
13 years ago

No comment Oystein?
Is it that bad?

JD wrote:

Well I thought it showed some awesome photoshop skillz.

But... I prefer the original Lawrence design 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Well I thought it showed some awesome photoshop skillz.

But... I prefer the original Lawrence design 😎

pre67vw wrote:

I really wish I´d used a car with the small tailights as a basis.
It does seem to have lost some of it´s charming Lawrence quirkyness, so i do see what you mean.
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
13 years ago
would a 356 grill on the back look odd?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Not at all, I considered that myself, but lazyness won the day.:d

I was hoping it would turn out with a bit more of the looks of the old Pegasos, but of course some of that glass could be tricky.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

They don´t seem to have built any two of these thing alike either.
UserPostedImage
55Kab
13 years ago
As the title suggests....errrr ok, I'll get me coat :smile:

93940.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Here you go Oystein. I think if I was starting from nothing, I´d combine the smaller rear lights with the lower wing line and no side "tick". I guess they didn´t build any like that, but they never built a 2+2 either, so hey, why not?

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

AMAZING JD! Thank you soooo much. Exactly what I was thinking of.... You really have great Photoshop-skills. Thank you so much! Very much the type of Rometsch I have seen in my head...but like Rob I am not 100% sure it is to the much better than the original. Very interesting excercise and I certainly might ask you again to visualize some of the images in my head...

I have been off line for sometime - travelling, sorry for the late response. Really an amazing job JD - I realize it must have taken many hours. Thanks!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Ah, glad you like it. I do a lot of photoshop for fun, so I can help you out sometime with the project.

Anyway, if I think of some better ideas in future, I may make some more pictures to show you. It can definitely be better. I may try that rear window idea from the silver Pegaso.
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Ah, glad you like it. I do a lot of photoshop for fun, so I can help you out sometime with the project.

Anyway, if I think of some better ideas in future, I may make some more pictures to show you. It can definitely be better. I may try that rear window idea from the silver Pegaso.

JD wrote:

That would be cool...

When I started on my Beeskow Rometsch, the windshield frame was bent and in bad shape... One crazy thought back then (the frame is now perfect, so no question any more)....a thought was to cut it off and fit a 356 Speedster window on the Beeskow... And maybe do a very soft "weekend racer" style on it... very subtle.

So....you PS-expert.... what does a VW Beeskow Rometsch Convertible look like with a 356 Speedster windshield frame on it?

(man....I love pre67...)
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
It´d probably look great - but Speedster screens are very curved across the bottom and Rometsch bodies are quite flat. So unless you went for custom glass, it wouldn´t fit together anyway.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Another go at it. This is fun!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Great job with the Pegasus- version! I like it more and more..

I dont think the Beeskow is less curved than the Speedster in the cowl-area, but I have never really compared. The width might be different as well...but it would be really be cool to see such a mock up...
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Great job with the Pegasus- version! I like it more and more..

I dont think the Beeskow is less curved than the Speedster in the cowl-area, but I have never really compared. The width might be different as well...but it would be really be cool to see such a mock up...

SplitPersonality wrote:

Oh, a Beeskow. Sorry, thought you meant a Lawrence. Yeah, that does sound cool. Hmmm....

Any other ideas you´d like to see for the Pegaso/Lawrence/Zagato...?:d
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Oh, a Beeskow. Sorry, thought you meant a Lawrence. Yeah, that does sound cool. Hmmm....

Any other ideas you´d like to see for the Pegaso/Lawrence/Zagato...?:d

JD wrote:

I really like it... The small taillights really make it look better. Maybe a 20-30mm lowering of the windshield and roof would make it look even more proportionally correct?

The rear window arrangement is really fance and cool, although Italian. I am not sure Mr Lawrence would have drawn those lines in Germany in...1956/57... but certainly very period correct. Great job JD!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

I really like it... The small taillights really make it look better. Maybe a 20-30mm lowering of the windshield and roof would make it look even more proportionally correct?

The rear window arrangement is really fance and cool, although Italian. I am not sure Mr Lawrence would have drawn those lines in Germany in...1956/57... but certainly very period correct. Great job JD!

SplitPersonality wrote:

First we need to find out who "Mr Lawrence" was and where he came from. I thought nobody knew for sure? I guess anyone who was brave enough to put that tick on the side of the car would have been happy to see a slightly oddball rear window treatment.

Lower - much better...

UserPostedImage

Two tone - not for the shy!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
JD....here is a third one for you...if you ever get the time/desire:

I am about to paint Der Wiger Coupe.... does it look best in black or in the PreA Porsche color "Moor Green" (very dark flat green)?
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

JD....here is a third one for you...if you ever get the time/desire:

I am about to paint Der Wiger Coupe.... does it look best in black or in the PreA Porsche color "Moor Green" (very dark flat green)?

SplitPersonality wrote:

Do you have a picture of the Wiger outside?
And can you show me a picture of a Moor Green Porsche?
UserPostedImage
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Do you have a picture of the Wiger outside?
And can you show me a picture of a Moor Green Porsche?

JD wrote:

Dear JD,
Here are some pictures of Der Wiger Coupe:

https://www.google.no/images?hl=no&source=imghp&biw=1276&bih=615&q=der+wiger+coupe&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq= 

https://www.vwnorge.no/index.php/topic,22340.0.html 

Here are 2 shots of the same Moor Grun PreA Porsche....a truly amazing restoration by Kari in Finland...very correct representation of the PreA color "Moor Grun" - a wonderful color I think. The two pictures show it a little differently, but it is the same car and same color...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

...and....thanks a million in forehand!