overrestored
13 years ago
A red beeskow just popped up on thesamba.com under Porsches for sale.

Don't know price.

We at the registry know this as the "Oregon car"

Chris Morely is the owner and had it at the last VW classic. Drew Colome has it listed for him.
protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
SplitPersonality
13 years ago

A red beeskow just popped up on thesamba.com under Porsches for sale.

Don't know price.

We at the registry know this as the "Oregon car"

Chris Morely is the owner and had it at the last VW classic. Drew Colome has it listed for him.

overrestored wrote:

If it is this one:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1083653 

...this is x-Mac Jones, now Lloyd Kee's car. Rometsch Beeskow #228.

Even though Morley's is not advertised yet - I guess these days one can choose your Beeskow if you wanted one black-on-red or beige-on-red. A luxury problem...
pre67vw
13 years ago
https://www.colomemotors.com/1954_pre_a_porsche.html 

Pre-A Porsche????? :d

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
13 years ago
It looks a lovely car :beer:

But why have they built a whole web page with it as a 54 porsche? when they are knowledgeable and know full well that it is not remotely a porsche? am I missing something ? :? I think this odd tactic just succeeds in making the car look 'a bit dodgy' (which it is obviously not at all (given its history of ownership) and further more simply completely underates its real and rare identity/model.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

It looks a lovely car :beer:

But why have they built a whole web page with it as a 54 porsche? when they are knowledgeable and know full well that it is not remotely a porsche? am I missing something ? :? I think this odd tactic just succeeds in making the car look 'a bit dodgy' (which it is obviously not at all (given its history of ownership) and further more simply completely underates its real and rare identity/model.

mrsherbie wrote:

Probably hoping one of these super-rich Pre A owners (:rofl:) will take a shine to it, even if it wasn´t what they were looking for.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
overrestored
13 years ago

If it is this one:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1083653 

...this is x-Mac Jones, now Lloyd Kee's car. Rometsch Beeskow #228.

Even though Morley's is not advertised yet - I guess these days one can choose your Beeskow if you wanted one black-on-red or beige-on-red. A luxury problem...

SplitPersonality wrote:

oops... my bad. Guess that's what happens when you are viewing the web from a cell phone... the photos are rather tiny.

Two cars away from my car... cough cough... a good year!

Wish I had seen it upclose... so I could chat more about it.

Eric

overrestored
13 years ago
I'm guessing the title... "1954 pre a Porsche" is just a leftover from the previous listing that the seller had in that spot on his site. He just posted the Beeskow last night. Anyway... It is a 56 Beeskow... not a 54.

I would hope he'll correct the title mistake pretty quick...

I agree having it under the Porsche category heading is misleading. But TheSamba doesn't have a heading for Coachbuilts. If it were mine I'd probably put it under split window beetle... even though it is a 56. This might make the split guys complain that it should be under oval though!

Word is gonna get out to a buyer... no matter where it is listed I imagine. When is the last time you saw one listed on the open market!

Only issues I see...back window has me cringing... Heater knob missing, horn contact missing, parcel area door missing, rear reflectors missing (Same as Barndoor)

and what is that wierd air vent looking thing under the dash... above the tunnel...with the chrome handle assembly!

Saggy exterior door handles! why don't people fix this... it isn't hard!

all in all a VERY complete car... as complete as you find them that's for sure.

SplitPersonality
13 years ago

and what is that wierd air vent looking thing under the dash... above the tunnel...with the chrome handle assembly!

overrestored wrote:

Well.... the picure of this "weird air vent looking thing" was yet another great piece of the puzzle to me... My car #226 has the exact same thing! I have been wondering on its "weirdness" - but with #228 having the same, I am certain it is at least "Hollywood Motors"-mounted. Maybe even Rometsch-mounted.

Here is a picture of mine during disassembly:

UserPostedImage
GKL 7
13 years ago
Has anyone enquired with Drew,the asking price?
oval56
13 years ago
as i got to my ears around 150000$$$
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Rumors speak of USD 138K from Colome and about 10K less from the owner himself...
overrestored
13 years ago
Oystein wrote.... Here is a picture of mine during disassembly:

UserPostedImage

Never mind the vent... what are the two long "doohickies" that look a bit like choke cables... under the dash towards the driver from the vent... and then... what is that sheet metal gizmo they are connected to?

and then... what is that black hole underneath the vent hole?

SplitPersonality
13 years ago

Oystein wrote.... Here is a picture of mine during disassembly:

UserPostedImage

overrestored wrote:

Never mind the vent... what are the two long "doohickies" that look a bit like choke cables... under the dash towards the driver from the vent... and then... what is that sheet metal gizmo they are connected to?

and then... what is that black hole underneath the vent hole?

The two long "doohickies"/wires come up to a bracket and at the end of them will be attached a small ivory-white knob. You pull/push this knob in order to control two air-vent-flaps behind the two fresh air intakes in the front, under the headlamps. These let fresh air into long metal flex-tubes that lead the air into this square hole/box over which the "strange" chrome ait vent sits - as discussed.

The fresh air intakes in the front are covered with normal Beetle oval horn grilles. Both car no 225(mine) and 226 both have this - and judging from the chrome flap inside - I bet muchmorethan my two cents the the red for-sale #228 should have the horn grilles in the front as well.

The "metal gizmo" that these airflap control knobs are attached to is merely the bottom of the metal dashboard - I would assume your car Eric looks the same under here.

The black hole under the air flap hole is for the fueltank ZAR-pipe.

....I LOVE it..... Beeskow-details....keem 'em coming...
pbaptist
12 years ago
The car is sold and will be shipped to Europe to be shown on Budel, Bad Camburg en European Bug In.

After that the car will be put in a nice privite collection.

Regads
Patrick