GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Anybody have any interesting stories about walking away from a car in hind sight they really should have purchased.
A pic would be nice aswell.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
12 years ago
Yep. Red '60 for sale in Ealing (maybe Hanwell, never mind). A bit rough around the edges but a good running MOT'd car for £1k. No tax which was an arse, but free.

Walked away as the guy needed it gone very quickly (parked in London with no tax on the road...) and I couldn't get there to tax it in the day and he wouldn't tax it for me.

Saw it a few months later on VZi, slammed on it's arse and a 'hoodride' stencil on it. :roll:
William
54 Gertie
12 years ago
Here's a photo, your in luck. As you can see no show winner but for £1k, it was great.

UserPostedImage
William
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
Don't really do regrets but I did have a chance to buy this piece of "Vintage Speed" history:

UserPostedImage

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113641 

It went to the right man in the end...Mike Gregory of "House of Ghia." I got as far as phoning the then current owner in North Carolina in 2006.

This is after Mike had tidied it up.

UserPostedImage
John.
Chris
12 years ago

Anybody have any interesting stories about walking away from a car in hind sight they really should have purchased.
A pic would be nice aswell.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Did you start this thread to wind me up ? :thumbdn:

What makes it worse is knowing that it's now being restored and can be viewed on here :(

Nevermind :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
vintagebug
12 years ago

Did you start this thread to wind me up ? :thumbdn:

Chris wrote:

:d :d :d

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"