Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
18 years ago
Seems like the owner won't tell anyone how much he wants for it, and yet he wants a quick painless sale. :roll:

I hate it when people do that...

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=244661 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
18 years ago

Seems like the owner won't tell anyone how much he wants for it, and yet he wants a quick painless sale. :roll:

I hate it when people do that...

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=244661 

"pre67vw" wrote:

The owner has had that car 'tentitively' for sale for about a year. Myself and others have been requesting a price from the guy time and time again with no answer. He was under the impression that it was worth a small fortune, but it needs sh*t loads of work. Granted, 11Gs are rare, but having seen some detailed pics, it's certainly not worth more than 3 or 4k.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
1952 11G
17 years ago
Just an update on this split as it is now residing in my garage after a much protracted negociation of an on and off sale! In the process of locating various panels & the odd missing part, quite a bit of work required but underneath reasonably solid and not much in the way of modifications! Quite original and plenty of history and only 1 non original wing!!! Its original even down to the window rubbers with their 45 degree joints!

Not underestimating the task ahead, but a long term project and hoping to be able to retain the original patina as much as possible. 🙂
pre67vw
17 years ago

Just an update on this split as it is now residing in my garage after a much protracted negociation of an on and off sale!

"1952 11G" wrote:

Very cool!! It looks like a lovely project, look forward to seeing it on the roads again soon :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Congratulations! 😃
I did'nt look at the other pics but from the pic I can see above this car was always worth more than 3k regardless of work, I'm not sure why everyone kept suggesting 3k ??!! :roll:
Partswise the sunroof is worth £800-1000, split wings £250-300ea, if you can find any of these parts! I realise that a complete car is sometimes worth less than the sum total of its parts but any solid rolling split body ( hard top) is worth £2.5k with zero parts on it. I paid £2.5k for my bare body 5yrs ago and I'm very happy with it still.

If it was mine I would have definitely wanted £4-5k at minimum.

It IS a sunroof split after all!!!!!

With comments like " so whats the price u is after 4 her" and some of the other comments from the idiots on that forum who just want to boost their pathetic shallow egos by modifying a split when they have no respect for them, I am very glad the seller stuck to his guns regardless of motive.

Maybe he was looking for the 'right' home :wink:

I know If ever I have to sell, no modifying pleb is going to get his hands on them :twisted: :lol: :lol:

oh, sorry, was I ranting? :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago

Congratulations! 😃
I did'nt look at the other pics but from the pic I can see above this car was always worth more than 3k regardless of work, I'm not sure why everyone kept suggesting 3k ??!! :roll:
Partswise the sunroof is worth £800-1000, split wings £250-300ea, if you can find any of these parts! I realise that a complete car is sometimes worth less than the sum total of its parts but any solid rolling split body ( hard top) is worth £2.5k with zero parts on it. I paid £2.5k for my bare body 5yrs ago and I'm very happy with it still.

If it was mine I would have definitely wanted £4-5k at minimum.

It IS a sunroof split after all!!!!!

With comments like " so whats the price u is after 4 her" and some of the other comments from the idiots on that forum who just want to boost their pathetic shallow egos by modifying a split when they have no respect for them, I am very glad the seller stuck to his guns regardless of motive.

Maybe he was looking for the 'right' home :wink:

I know If ever I have to sell, no modifying pleb is going to get his hands on them :twisted: :lol: :lol:

oh, sorry, was I ranting? :lol:

"mrsherbie" wrote:

well said that woman. :lol:
six-o-one
1952 11G
17 years ago
Spent quite a bit of time opening all the boxes that came with the car!!! It was like several Christmas Days rolled into one! 😃

My intention is to try and retain as much of the originality of the car as possible without being labelled as 'rat look'. I want to restore to original stock i.e. ride height and speciifcation.

Just spent the last month restoring the ragtop which had seized solid with years of nicely hardened greese. Its now back working, and is so smooth, managed to save the original headling and outer cover which no just needs carefully cleaning. I am however missing two of the small screws & dished washers which go through the outer cover and locate in the small metal plates which slot into the aluminum bows! If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Stripped the wings off and the inner wings are pretty sound only the od repair, biggest stumbling block is the spare wheel well which i am having a 60's panel modified to hopefully be correct and also the RHS front wing is a later 60's version so need to locate the correct split version!!!

Hoping to split the shell to allow for the chassis to be cleaned and allow for the sympathetic restoration of the original heater channels and inner wing sections. Have plenty of pics just a case of sorting out a host and providing links if people are sufficiently interested?
pre67vw
17 years ago
Sounds very cool!

Have plenty of pics just a case of sorting out a host and providing links if people are sufficiently interested?

"1952 11G" wrote:

I'm interested!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi 1952 11G,
I'm so glad you're keeping it stock!
It already looks very complete and original looking at the pictures from when it was for sale. Does the wing have the metal wiring tube? I'm looking for some new wings for my '58.

Should be a fantastic car when it's all finished (are they ever!) and I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Good luck,
Malc 😎