zelensis61
12 years ago
Hello, Folks

I am looking for the dimensions for the metal part, on the front of an oval 55 convertible frame where the wooden bow is attached on. Is there anyone who can get me some picts of it? I need to restore a frame but need some dimensions. I know how the part looks like, but where are the holes located to attach the latches and wooden bow.
Also the dimension from the frame from the outside towards the first main bolthole is needed.
The frame I have to work on came from a wrekked car and someone cut of some metal ... :oops:

Thanks for the help.
Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
Hi Peter,

I can probably get this info for you, I have an oval cabrio hood frame in my garage. Is it the square section the bolts to the header bow than you need dimensions of?

Rob
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
12 years ago
Hi rob,
It is the front of the frame, where the wooden frontpart is bolted to and where the latches are mounted on. Immagine the frame in closed condition without canvas, wood and rubber where it reaches the windshieldframe, seen from the front of the car.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pre67vw
12 years ago

Hi rob,
It is the front of the frame, where the wooden frontpart is bolted to and where the latches are mounted on. Immagine the frame in closed condition without canvas, wood and rubber where it reaches the windshieldframe, seen from the front of the car.

zelensis61 wrote:

OK, I'll see what I can do. From memory though, aren't the latches bolted to the wood and not the metal?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
12 years ago
Photo and measurements, is this what you need?

UploadedFile0.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  cabrio_measurements.pdf You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
12 years ago
:omg: Yes, That is the part I need the dimensions on. Spot on. It seems that the latches are indeed on the metal screwed. On a heb they are on the wood. I was not sure on oval but it looks like. Thanks Rob.