UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
12 years ago
I'm here (for a few minutes at least) :roll:

I've noticed that it's been quiet in here for the last few days. Everyone must be on holiday Rob........ except for you and me :thumbdn:
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago
I guess it is holiday season... :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I´m here. Just had nothing useful to add.
Same as usual in fact.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

Just had nothing useful to add.

JD wrote:

Doesn't usually stop you :rofl:

Just kidding :wink: :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Still here going to the Barnsley VW show on Sunday and hope fully going to go in the Plymouth to see the lad with the 58 that i hope we can do a deal with. Andy W

Who will be getting the better deal ????????????????????  41492_100000470857500_7468_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  58 2011 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
12 years ago
I'm here, cant afford holidays when you run an old car.
William
Last Triumph
12 years ago
I'd post pics of what I've been up to, but I doubt they'd really 'fit in' round here? :rofl:
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
cupa65
12 years ago
Thought everyone had gone out and bought a Lupo withe banded wheels and was sat in KC carpark:sleep:
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
I'm still here, check in most days but tend not to post unless I've got something useful to contribute, which isn't often. :wink:

Went to the Sussex VW Owner's Club Summer Festival last weekend which is always a great little show with some nice cars turning up, both air and water cooled. It's always good to see a number of people from here there too.

I took the '78 Cab and entered it in the show and shine, but sadly it didn't impress the public enough to get an award. 😞

Went to Heretics at VW Heritage on Thurdsay evening too, it was a good evening and relatively well attended despite the threat of rain (which thankfully held off until it was time to go home anyway). Took the Cab again as it was on the drive and I didn't have time to get into a "beetle shuffling" session.

Have just collected four 30BHP cylinder heads from Sprabuild in Brighton where I had left them for reconditioning. They look all lovely and spanky now and I'm looking forward to building up the engine to go in the '57. The crank case has been soda blasted and I'm now in the process of stripping down the crankshaft to check tolerances etc. and then it'll be time to start putting it all back together again.

I shall be on a mission soon to find a replacement lifter channel for the drivers side window on my '57. If anyone has one they want to sell or pass on to agood home please let me know, it's the channel the window glass sits in that I'm looking for. I've tried a reproduction item but it was useless.

Mike :thumbup:

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
69project
12 years ago
im here but have no vw at the moment so am just stalking and being very envious...
Car less.....
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago
Loads going on!!! :d
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
cupa65
12 years ago
Sorry meant KFC!

Just adjusted and greased my link pins, sprayed Techtyl on my Kamax wing bolts and tried my new Volkswagen Classic keys!

So I'm busy:d
Last Triumph
12 years ago

I shall be on a mission soon to find a replacement lifter channel for the drivers side window on my '57. If anyone has one they want to sell or pass on to agood home please let me know, it's the channel the window glass sits in that I'm looking for. I've tried a reproduction item but it was useless.

Mike :thumbup:

Mike Peckham wrote:

D'oh..... I had a set of NOS ones with my car that I didn't fit - gave them to George with the rest of the spares!
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

D'oh..... I had a set of NOS ones with my car that I didn't fit - gave them to George with the rest of the spares!

Last Triumph wrote:

I wonder if George will want to sell one on? :roll: I'll drop him a pm. :wink:

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
ste VW agen
12 years ago
:lol: I LOVED the tumbleweed, Rob! It got us all laughing for sure!

As you know from my PM, I've been on Holiday with my family! We were buying some plants to spruce up the yard and look what my daughter found behind a shed at the Garden Center!! :thumbup: I'm told that there is another one not far away which is running! Now I have to decide whether to strike or not!

Look what the kid got me into! And she's only two! :idea:
I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
mrsherbie
12 years ago
I am here, but with a broken powerbook (too busy to deal with it) and half built house, just not so often! :oops:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Old Blue
12 years ago
Seems to me that a lot of the older and knowledgeable long-term enthusiasts no longer post, they are either bored, turned off or driven away by comments from other 'enthusiasts'.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Sunroof53
12 years ago

Seems to me that a lot of the older and knowledgeable long-term enthusiasts no longer post, they are either bored, turned off or driven away by comments from other 'enthusiasts'.

Old Blue wrote:

[-x Not true, i am still here .:d

Actually i have just come back from from a sunny 2 weeks in Crete and any spare time i do have is spent on my 53 .Computer time is spent either searching parts or reading other posts.
Oh, and there are other forums to check up on ..
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

Oh, and there are other forums to check up on ..

Sunroof53 wrote:

? ? Sorry, don't know what you mean... Other forums??

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW