chthemonkey wrote:

All the way from Manchester? :omg: :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
chthemonkey
12 years ago

All the way from Manchester? :omg: :thumbup:

pre67vw wrote:

nice early start i'll trailer it most the way i've got a couple more things to do before MOT but its at standard hight at the front now. i'll update the topic when im back home to night
Emily's dad
12 years ago
Dear all - please make sure you register any cool stock pre 67's - I can't go into too many details but It may make all the difference :wink:

http://ivanhirst.com  and the Ivan Hirst Volkswagen meeting! UserPostedImage
chthemonkey
12 years ago

nice early start i'll trailer it most the way i've got a couple more things to do before MOT but its at standard hight at the front now. i'll update the topic when im back home to night

chthemonkey wrote:

the photo's are going up tomorrow when i've figured out how to get the from phone to computer
chthemonkey
12 years ago

Dear all - please make sure you register any cool stock pre 67's - I can't go into too many details but It may make all the difference :wink:

Emily's dad wrote:

just registered should be a g8 show it was awsome last year :thumbup:
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

looks like it could be a great show, bit too far for me. :roll:

Robb wrote:

Rubbish! Early start and you'll be there in an hour and a a half. :wink:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Emily's dad
12 years ago
Today's meeting with the good people of the REME Museum was a mixture of good and bad news. In the best traditions of these matters, bad news first.

The REME Museum, the hosts of the Maj. Ivan Hirst Volkswagen show, are being removed from the Arborfiled garrison, their long time home, and their archives, including a lot of Volkswagen history will be unavailable to the public - possible for many years to come.

The Defence Spending Review recently announced by government means that this will be the last Volkswagen show at Maj Hirst's regimental home before the Museum is closed.

The good news is that we are determined to make this the best Volkswagen meeting that we can. Senior Curator Judy Booth and I have been discussing options to do just that.

Those of you who made last years show such a success will know that the museum has a lot of Volkswagen history, much of it used to make the Hirst display. This year we intend to share more of the archive with the public, some of it has never been on public display before.

We also are planing to welcome a very special guest, but more of that nearer the date.

What we need now is your participation to make this a great show. See you in September!

https://ivanhirst.com/registration 

Tim.
simonski11
12 years ago
Hi Tim

Tried to register my '55, but all I got was this error from the website when I hit preview (picture had uploaded OK):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14592 bytes) in /home/thedarkb/public_html/sites/all/modules/imageapi/imageapi_gd.module on line 44

Thanks,

Simon
dry&heavy
12 years ago
I may go in my daily 52 just have to find somewhere to hide it
Not going to make the same mistake as peppercorn was told to turn left & park over there, next thing I knew was trapped in a show line up with a car covered in wax & gob :omg: strange day was only going for an hour
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago

Received this email earlier, thought it might be worth posting it here as well:

Earlier today you should have recieved your display pass for the Maj. Ivan Hirst Volkswagen Meeting at the REME Museum of Technology.

Please print the pass and display it in the windscreen of your Volkswagen upon arrival at the Arborfield Garrison. The Traffic control on the day will be looking out for this pass to better direct the pre-registered vehicles to the right area.

The entrance to the display field will be open from 8.00am to 10.45am. Members of the Historic Volkswagen Club will be on hand to help with the marshalling and the Museum’s café and washroom facilities should be opening at the same time.

It promises to be a great day with some of the best historic Volkswagens in the UK, and a few very special guests coming along to join us.

On a personal note, Judy Booth the Museum’s Curator and I would both like to thank you for taking the time to come and remember the contribution made by Ivan Hirst to Volkswagen.

I have sent the pass out as a PDF document, if you don’t have the software on your computer to open the document free programs are available from the following sources;

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Emily's dad
12 years ago
Rob - thanks for posting this, it saved me a job!

As I said on Facebook, I have had a couple of interesting calls today. One from Volkswagen UK, again wanting to join us on the 25th... more to come on that soon.

And then a call from a nice chap who's never been to a show before... but you'll want to meet him - trust me you will.

See you all on the 25th

Tim
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
I haven't had an email with my pass, but I am registered. Should I worry? 😞

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
harveypj
12 years ago
:smile: my pass came on the 15th.

Stock......the new custom
RoRoVw
12 years ago

I haven't had an email with my pass, but I am registered. Should I worry? 😞

Mike

Mike Peckham wrote:

Yes, you should have your pass attached to an email by now.
I've heard of another registered owner who hasn't received a pass. I mentioned this to Tim and he's now sent one. Best if you PM him and let him know.
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

Yes, you should have your pass attached to an email by now.
I've heard of another registered owner who hasn't received a pass. I mentioned this to Tim and he's now sent one. Best if you PM him and let him know.

RoRoVw wrote:

Thanks Rob, PM sent.

Mike :thumbup:
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Emily's dad
12 years ago
If anyone has an issue - PLEASE DO NOT WORRY! 😳 - PM me and I'll sort it out.

Tim
Emily's dad
12 years ago
In case you need a reason to come along - just have a look at what you may have missed last year...

https://vimeo.com/15424768  Well worth a look!

See you on Sunday!