64rotbox
12 years ago
I think the model looks better than the real thing at the moment! Lovely work.
You can call me Al.
zelensis
12 years ago

You need to find a car to mount that logo on it.:roll: Maybe a tempo Matador?

zelensis61 wrote:

Like this one

UserPostedImage
ascort
12 years ago
The Ascort model is still progressing slowly. Now lots of finishing required before I take a mould. :roll:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
I think that it looks like an Ascort, but I can see faults as well, which is rather frustrating. 😶
I suppose that I can usually see faults in most commercially produced 1:43 scale models, so maybe I am being to critical with my own work. :unsure:
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
pbaptist
12 years ago
Hi Ascort,

It looks good, count me in for 1 model.

This model is not in my collection of coachbuild models and I would like to add it.

regards
Patrick
pbaptist
12 years ago
The next three coachbuild modelcars are ready for a US customer that is also active in this forum.

A Black 53 D&S Convertible
A Black 57 Rometsch Beeskow Coupe
A Mittelgrun 57 Rometsch Beeskow Convertible  d-s53Rom1 (1).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  d-s53Rom.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ascort
12 years ago

Hi Ascort,

It looks good, count me in for 1 model.

This model is not in my collection of coachbuild models and I would like to add it.

regards
Patrick

pbaptist wrote:

The project is a slow spare time thing, so it will be a while before the models are complete. I will pm when I am ready to provide them.

Given that you were one of the people who encouraged me to provide Ascort info on PRE67VW, it will be a pleasure.

I like the look of your models. I am sure that the South Aust Ascort owner, who also ownes a D&S would love the black one.
pbaptist
12 years ago
Ministyle now added the Hebmuller Coupe in there collection.

1708.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis
12 years ago
Ministyle has also a stoll coupé version.
UserPostedImage
ascort
12 years ago
I have finally poured the mould for my handcrafted 1:43 Ascort TSV 1300 models. :smile:

The mould seems to have worked out ok and so I have tried it out on a few castings. The bumper bar area seems to trap air unless I get the resin pour just right, but I think that I will just have to keep trying until I get a technique that works every time.

In the end I have opted to just make a solid model without turning wheels. It would have just taken more time than I am prepared to spend to make the wheels separate, and then each model made would have required more finishing time, which would keep me away from the 1:1 scale model.

UserPostedImage

There are areas on the model that are not perfect and that frustrates me. :cry: This is the first scale model that I have made in 20 years, and my first attempt at moulding and casting one, so overall I am pretty happy with the results. :smile:
:unsure: I will have to paint one now to see how it looks.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Well done that man:thumbup: I know what you mean about the air bubble thing. It is a Black art to casting a friend of mine dose it and to see the air bleeds in the moulds is a work of art in its self some times. Have you come up with a price for the model yet ???????????

Andy W
ascort
12 years ago

Well done that man:thumbup: I know what you mean about the air bubble thing. It is a Black art to casting a friend of mine dose it and to see the air bleeds in the moulds is a work of art in its self some times. Have you come up with a price for the model yet ???????????

Andy W

AW wrote:

Due to time constraints, I am thinking that I will let those who have posted on this forum thread and want one, can have one very cheap, (+ postage cost of course) provided you accept it unpainted and do the painting yourself. Painted would have to be a bit more. I will pm you when I am ready to sell.

I am doing a trial paint of a couple castings to see how they look. I am happy with the results :d Unfortunately I do not currently have all of the paints that I need, so cannot complete them (no silver or gloss black) :bored: I will post some pics when done.

ascort
12 years ago
A quick and dirty paint job. :roll:
I still have no gloss silver paint for the hubcaps and I am trying to decide if black paint would be better for the windows. What is the thought of others :?:
(This is the first scratch buit model car that I have ever made. I am pretty happy with it, even though I can see plenty of flaws) :unsure:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

pbaptist
12 years ago
It looks good. I will keep the silver paint for the windows (not black)

Patrick
ascort
12 years ago

It looks good. I will keep the silver paint for the windows (not black)

Patrick

pbaptist wrote:

Hi Parick

I just tried to PM you about a model, but your PM inbox is full.

Mark
pbaptist
12 years ago

Hi Parick

I just tried to PM you about a model, but your PM inbox is full.

Mark

ascort wrote:

I didn't know that. It looks like it was full since april this year. Now I deleted some messages, so you can sent me PM. (or just on my regular e-mail
pbaptist at ziggo.nl

Regards
Patrick
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
If you put a gray primer cote on first that pulls all the flores out in the casting :thumbup:

Andy w
ascort
12 years ago

If you put a gray primer cote on first that pulls all the flores out in the casting :thumbup:

Andy w

AW wrote:

Thanks for that Andy. I want to have a few practice runs on a few dud castings that I have made.

I have found that I have to initially tilt the mould as I pour the resin, so the resin pushes out the air from the rear bumper. I am still getting an air bubble in the front bumper though, but this is easily repaired.
zelensis
12 years ago
That looks very good for a first time :thumbup:

When I pour in the mould I put it on a wooden piece together with a little air compressor, that way the vibrations of the compressor helps to chase the air out of it.

The painted windows I would not paint them black but leave them grey like you did.

Bart
ascort
12 years ago

Andy w

AW wrote:

I did a trial run using automotive primer and automotive touch up spray can. This is the result. (I went with black windows to get the contrast against the silver.)

Mmmm looks like I needed a little more wrap on that rear window. 😶 There are a couple other lines that are out 1/2 mm or so here and there too. :bored: Oh well an amature trying to do a first attempt at a 1:43 model car is unlikely to get it 100% perfect I suppose. :roll:

UserPostedImage

I really must get some "chrome" silver paint for the hubcaps and headlight surrounds.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Dont knock your self 😳 there are plenty of exsperienced makers out there that dont get em that good :thumbup: you may also find that when you take the dimentions down to scale the scale model dose not look right so you have to do a little compremising hear and there.

Andy W