48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Well, I have received a set of photos of my dear old 1948 REME VW in its new home, New SouthWales, Australia. Then new owner seems very happy and is going to return it to its former glory soon.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
I like the new number plates!  4902.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
It will have a nice oval and a cabriolet to keep it company.
Nice neighbours!
Regards,
Nicolas.  4903.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
WOW!
Looks like it's gone to a good home.

I could do with a garage like that! 😎
pre67vw
17 years ago
Ahh, memories of Camberg... :cry:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Wow, what a nice new family to be part of. And I bet its a great feeling to know its gone to a warm salt free climate!
😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Yes, I'm very happy and have no regrets, just wonderful memories. It was a very nice car even though its colour baffled a few people!
I love Malcolm's idea for Lavenham. What a beautiful setting that would be for a vintage show! I'll come in my 60 STD for sure.
Nicolas.
pre67vw
17 years ago
I would have loved to have seen it back in its original colour with its REME markings on it. I regret not taking more photo's of it when I had the chance, I've got some good video of you driving it to camberg though - and some great memories when you let me ride with you. With the whine from the gearbox, the speedo needle bouncing around, it was so full of character. Thanks for those memories!!

Good news though that its gone to a good home and its not going to end up lowered etc.  4933.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Standard split
17 years ago
A great shame, this car could have stayed in England. :shock:

It couldn't have gone further away (maybe to the Moon). :evil:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Standard split
17 years ago
A great shame, this car could have stayed in England. :shock:

It couldn't have gone further away (maybe to the Moon). :evil:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378