pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago
This isn't a wanted ad, although I'd love a nice camper. :wink: It seems like prices vary wildly, some dealers asking stupid money - others seem a good price but are immediately jumped on by flippers.

Also, is the market for them starting to die out? Seems like searching all the usual sources and there's not many ads about.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
12 years ago

This isn't a wanted ad, although I'd love a nice camper. :wink: It seems like prices vary wildly, some dealers asking stupid money - others seem a good price but are immediately jumped on by flippers.

Also, is the market for them starting to die out? Seems like searching all the usual sources and there's not many ads about.

pre67vw wrote:

I myself really wonder why TypeIIs fetch (well ask for) so much money, they're not a real Porsche design and are really just a spin-off from the much more sucessful Beetle which is a Porsche (and Ledwinka) design.

Having said that an unmolested original rot free split screen (not Fleetlines though:thumbdn:) has to be worth serious money, they're rather scarce to say the least. I rate the values along side that of the split window Beetle, a nice one £15-20k, and around £25k for the earlier small rear window ones.:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Here's one!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C281322 

Rudy

rudolf hucker wrote:

Are you serious.:?

Anyway Rob said right hand drive:p
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Yes....sorry.............RHD..........good luck...........probably be even more expensive.

What are your objections to this one?

:p was uneccessary..I was only trying to help.
chrisbug91
12 years ago
GKL 7
12 years ago

Here's one!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C281322 

Rudy

rudolf hucker wrote:

Yeah! wonder who's selling that one, eh Rudy.

lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Yeah! wonder who's selling that one, eh Rudy.

GKL 7 wrote:

Nope not Rudy's...it says "Region: Warwickshire" not Region: Albania.

The desire for a RHD more or less rules out the best source for a Splittie...a US dry state.
John.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

Nope not Rudy's...it says "Region: Warwickshire" not Region: Albania.

The desire for a RHD more or less rules out the best source for a Splittie...a US dry state.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Not to bothered about which side I sit on to steer it, but having the side doors open pavement side appeals, not keen on the kids jumping out traffic side.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C277901

Another.

chrisbug91 wrote:

Mmm, that's perfect...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
My advice would always be to buy a Bay Window RHD camper rather than a Split. I've owned a few Split Buses and they have been far less practical as campers than bays.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Not to bothered about which side I sit on to steer it, but having the side doors open pavement side appeals, not keen on the kids jumping out traffic side.

pre67vw wrote:

I can't ever remember parking on a busy street in our Brazilian Bus in the years we had it so it wasn't really an issue. If it had been I'm sure at least one of the drunken yobbos we used to carry around would have been run over.:wink:

John.
GKL 7
12 years ago

My advice would always be to buy a Bay Window RHD camper rather than a Split. I've owned a few Split Buses and they have been far less practical as campers than bays.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Far more practical Rich but lacking a bit of character.

I think the split screen bus is every bit as iconic as the beetle.
kevsplitty
12 years ago
Im lucky both my buses are Rhd,got my camper years ago before the stupid prices,but picked my single cab up in the summer for very reasonable price,so there are still a few bargains out there! Failing getting a rhd,a swedish bus has the cargo doors on the same side so easier & safer for the kids:wink:
Robb
12 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

i have to agree with Rich, i have a RHD danbury bay, and its awesome for camping or hauling stuff around in! :thumbup:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

Here is another one.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C278916 

rudolf hucker wrote:

Saw that this morning, very nice!

Anyone interested in buying a nice vintage volkswagen website for £20k?

:beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I used to have a bay 1600 it was a five birth but only luggage room for two people!
Took us to Le-Mans many times :d

Andy W
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Saw that this morning, very nice!

Anyone interested in buying a nice vintage volkswagen website for £20k?

:beer:

pre67vw wrote:

Yes, I'd say that this is worth taking a look at.:thumbup:
kdf38
12 years ago
Hahaahaahaaa. He said "reasonable" and camper on the same page!!!

I don't think there has been a reasonably priced Bus derivative for many years.

I did not think the Barndoor? 23 window was reasonable when it was offered to me for USD/$ 4000.- ... I thought "why the hell" would anyone want one of those. :? Well, if it had been all in one piece and running I may have bought it.

At least it needed a complete rebuild. I don't think it was rusty though. It ended up selling later to some unknown( to me anyway ) baseball player.

The same man had a "Tomato-ish" Red Porsche Continental I could have bought and didn't. :oops: and a 1947 MG TC or TD. :cry: Damn it...

I have a LONG list of "I Wish I had actually BOUGHT that car" cars...

Also on the list -
Heb 14-0323 back about July 1991/1992... Just needed to come up with a few thousand more to complete the deal.
A slightly rough Kübel in Baton Rouge, La. that had come from the Panama Canal Zone.

Mike

pre67vw wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell