JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Delwyn Mallett's totally unique 1952 356 Coupe was stolen last night. It is chassis number 11176 and has many unique features. It has almost certainly been stolen professionally. Note the full fender skirts all round, the through the hood fuel filler, the unique hinged engine grill on the rear. UK registration is UXY 70.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2981207&type=1 
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
It´s been found apparently. Good news.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
vintagebug
12 years ago

It´s been found apparently. Good news.

JD wrote:

Any damage done, James? I hope not...

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
pre67vw
12 years ago

Classic Porsche magazine:
THE CAR HAS BEEN FOUND, INTACT!!! Won't go into details, but just to say a massive thank you to everyone for spreading the word. It appears to be undamaged, so that is a relief. We think whoever stole it was either scared by all the on-line publicity, or was simply waiting to see if the car attracted any Police attention due to a tracking device being operative... Beers all round tonight – thanks everyone. This has shown the true power of the Internet, and proved beyond all doubt the closeness of the Porsche & VW communities. :-)

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Great To See The Car's Been Found !
"Mr Stock"
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Fantastic news, I'm well happy for the guy.

I hope there is some CCTV on the place it was parked and they catch the theiving scum.

cupa65
12 years ago
Hi

Really pleased it has been found. Owner 1 : Thief 0 !!
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Delwyn is a big Tatra fan also, and puts a lot of time and effort into the Tatra Register UK, the UK club for us Tatra owners.

His Porsche is fanatastic, and his Tatra T87 even more so.

I'm pleased his car is safe again.:thumbup:

These incidents are worrying for everyone with valuable classics. Its no surprise that many, rightly or wrongly, keep their cars hidden and well locked away.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
There was a chap had his 356 convertable and his old Mercades benz stolen a few years ago near to me. Dont know if he ever saw them again? But i suppose with people putting up photos on the web and saying things in different places Face book twitter etc if you want to wait you can work out were thay live. I have done it i know where somebody lives reg number of there cars how many live in there house and where thay work even when thay are going on holliday and were to etc. You dont need to be bright to know when to burgle there house. Its a sad world But i have also heard that some insurence companys are know looking to see how much info is on the web if you make a clame 😮

Andy w
Old Blue
12 years ago

But i suppose with people putting up photos on the web and saying things in different places Face book twitter etc if you want to wait you can work out were thay live. I have done it i know where somebody lives reg number of there cars how many live in there house and where thay work even when thay are going on holliday and were to etc. You dont need to be bright to know when to burgle there house.
Andy w

AW wrote:

I have to say this post disturbes me. You say you have actually done it. Why are you doing it?
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

I have to say this post disturbes me. You say you have actually done it. Why are you doing it?

Old Blue wrote:

To see if it can be done and it can. I am no wizz with a computer but if i can do it so can others.
Just be carfull on what is posted on public sites (or any others for that matter)

Andy w