vintagevw
12 years ago
Hi, does anyone know if there is a diffrence between 1949-1955 floorpanhalfs?
Thanks guys!

Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
heb623
12 years ago

Hi, does anyone know if there is a diffrence between 1949-1955 floorpanhalfs?
Thanks guys!

vintagevw wrote:

Yes, I taught floorpans changed changed after 1954!
Please feel free to correct me when wrong!!

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
52deluxebug
12 years ago
The change was August 1955 (I think) and its more to do with the change in the seat runner style than anything else.
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
vintagevw
12 years ago
So the pressings (reinforcements) stay the same over 5 years?
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
52deluxebug
12 years ago
Hmm, I think the pressings or ribs in the pan change slightly too.

I think 50-52 then 53-55, but I'm not 100% certain, and its very minor changes in the rib design. The physical pan remains the same size. There were more changes in the seat runners and how the seats attach to the pan - also standard models kept the 'wing-nut' type seat fixings till later on too.
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
Bally
12 years ago

Hmm, I think the pressings or ribs in the pan change slightly too.

I think 50-52 then 53-55, but I'm not 100% certain, and its very minor changes in the rib design. The physical pan remains the same size. There were more changes in the seat runners and how the seats attach to the pan - also standard models kept the 'wing-nut' type seat fixings till later on too.

52deluxebug wrote:

Does anyone have photos of how a delux 50-52 (with seat runners) should look and how it differs from a 53-55 and a later pan please? Is the only difference between the deluxe and standard the seat runners/bolts for wing nuts? That would make sense to me.

Cheers,

Dave
Fernando Pal
12 years ago
I have this photos interesting  Carocha Soalho.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Carocha soalho 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Carocha soalho 2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Carocha soalho 3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Carocha soalho 4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Carocha soalho 5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Bally
12 years ago
Thanks Fernando - great photos! What year is that floor pan - I can't quite read it if it says it on photo 1.

Many thanks,

Dave
Fernando Pal
12 years ago

Thanks Fernando - great photos! What year is that floor pan - I can't quite read it if it says it on photo 1.

Many thanks,

Dave

Bally wrote:

Dave the floors was before Augost 1955.
There was same my car June 1955.
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Bally
12 years ago
Thanks Fernando - so are these the same as pre-52 pans then?

Cheers,

Dave
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
The first picture shows a chassis with 49-55 pan on the right and a post Aug 55 pan on the left.

The other chassis pictured is pre mid 48 (note the round jacking points) this KDF style chassis was the same till mid 49 (flat with two cross members underneath.

Cheers
Kev
Bally
12 years ago
Thanks Kev, my replacement pan halves look like this - which looks to me to be correct for pre55, am I right?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Cheers,

Dave
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Not 100% but thay look like pan halfs from a late beetle :?

Andy W
Bally
12 years ago
That's not beyond the realms of possibility Andy, they were on the floorpan when I got it and are pan quarters - all four quarters have been replaced. If they turn out to be incorrect, what are the options for supply of replacement pans correct for 51? I have a pair of the red heavy duty ones from VW Heritage somewhere which they list as pre 70 and see they list special order pans for pre Aug 55 - I assume they are different to the red ones?

Cheers,

Dave
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Hi Dave,

Yeah sorry Andy is right, I got that round the wrong way :oops: , the early pan is the one the right. The detail around the battery tray and the floor pressings are different.

Kev

pre67vw
12 years ago
a larger version of the one above...

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Bally
12 years ago
Thanks Kev/Rob - it looks like replacing the floorpan halves is to be added to the list then :)

Cheers,

Dave
Old Blue
12 years ago
The lefthand pan on my oval has taken a bit of a bash from a kerb. Gonna be wanting one too for 1956 unless it can be straightend.Is 56 the same as early 1960s?
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Fernando Pal
12 years ago
GKL :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
GKL 7
12 years ago

GKL :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fernando Pal wrote:

What did i do Fernando?