beefykeefy
11 years ago
That time of year has come around again... anyone recommend an insurer please?

My renewal has gone up yet again, plus there's a £30.00 policy renewal charge... £30.00 for what? 😶 :omg:

Mileage is limited to 1500/annum; last year it rose 20%, this year another 20%.... not as if I'm a great risk....
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
11 years ago
I insured thru' Heritage with Aviva.
Agreed value of £10K,3000mls p.a.
Fully Comp.
Premium of £105 p.a.(i thought that was reasonable,infact cheap)

Not had a claim so don't know how they operate,but i'm not complaining about that.
I'd rather give the money away than be involved in an accident.
If it only worked like that:shock:

https://www.heritage-quote.co.uk/ 
beefykeefy
11 years ago

I insured thru' Heritage with Aviva.
Agreed value of £10K,3000mls p.a.
Fully Comp.
Premium of £105 p.a.(i thought that was reasonable,infact cheap)

Not had a claim so don't know how they operate,but i'm not complaining about that.
I'd rather give the money away than be involved in an accident.
If it only worked like that:shock:

https://www.heritage-quote.co.uk/ 

GKL 7 wrote:

Thanks, I'll try them.

I'm with Adrian Flux at the moment; last year's renewal jumped and this year it's done the same.

Not sure why, as I'm not a greater risk than I was when I first took out a policy with them in 2010. Never claimed since I started driving in '91. I've even dropped the mileage from 3000 miles/annum to 1500, but the renewal still goes up.

Agreed value also costs another 'admin' charge...
Robb
11 years ago
footman james, £90 fully comp for both my bugs, umlimited mileage, agreed value of 15k and 10k, breakdown cover etc.......oh and im alot younger then you guys too 😛

:rofl:
beefykeefy
11 years ago

footman james, £90 fully comp for both my bugs, umlimited mileage, agreed value of 15k and 10k, breakdown cover etc.......oh and im alot younger then you guys too 😛

Robb wrote:

You'd think being an old fart would give you kudos with insurers, but guess my quote is probably not helped, because I'm inside the M25.

That is very reasonable though... just being nosey, guess £10K is on the 67 😎

Mine is valued at £5.5K... :oops:

Tried Heritage and they've come back at £78.90. Get in there!

Might try Footman James though...
GKL 7
11 years ago

I'm with Adrian Flux at the moment;

beefykeefy wrote:

I knew that without asking the question,just from the info in your original post.
Smacks of their tactics.
IMHO Take your chance and move on.
beefykeefy
11 years ago

I knew that without asking the question,just from the info in your original post.
Smacks of their tactics.
IMHO Take your chance and move on.

GKL 7 wrote:

Yep, think I'll go with Heritage. Agreed value included in the quote :beer: :beer:
beefykeefy
11 years ago

Robb wrote:

Footmany James wanted £166!!! Perhaps they just don't like old farts?? :omg:
Robb
11 years ago
:lol:

might try heritage next time. 😎

no my ragtop is insured for 10k.

i always have to "negotiate" with footman james, and i suppose it helps if you have an existing policy :smile:
kevsplitty
11 years ago
Im with RH insurance 01277 206911,can't fault them,insure both my buses with them £87 fully comp for the single cab,£143 fully comp for my 15window,free breakdown cover which ive used a few times:roll: & was excellent,agreed value etc:wink:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Volkszone has there insurance up and running with an online quote give it ago and see how thay fair:twisted:

Andy W
beefykeefy
11 years ago
I called Adrian Flux last night, to see if they could match Heritage.

Funnily enough, as I am such a good customer, they knocked off the £30 admin fee to renew the policy documents, so we went from £115.00, down to £85, plus a tenner for agreed value - total £95-ish.

Still nowhere near Heritage at £79, inclusive of wedding hire cover, should I feel the need, plus agreed value inclusive. Sorted!
GKL 7
11 years ago
That offer alone would have made me tell them to stuff it.
So,if you had been daft enough to just cough,they would have ripped you off.

The more i hear and my past dealings with Adrian Flux confirm one thing to me..........

THEY SUCK:thumbdn:
Fernando Pal
11 years ago
In Portugal RH insurance for my car i pay 60€, for year, for expense hospital passageres, more or less 5.000,00€, travel service in Europ, and in case of the damage my car return in my country in passed 1/2 week in track in my house.
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Jollychuffy
11 years ago
Is anyone able to advise me please ? I too am in the process of getting "Agreed Value" cover on my '56 Oval. The demand for specific photos is no problem despite piles of recent pics not acceptably composed/aligned so I'll take more shots first dry day ! Problem one occurs in getting an authoritative valuation for an unrestored, one previous same family keeper car owned since 1964 always kept in tip-top order and never garaged wet! Next to resolve is how to value a number plate ? Comparison with SIMILAR numbers is irrelevant because only one registration number showing the year and make (1956 VW) is appropriate. The car has a value : The Plate has a value. The two together are surely worth more than the sum of the parts ? I have a couple of weeks grace to submit the demanded paperwork but would appreciate any suggestions how or where to secure these valuations or do the insurers simply accept the values suggested by the proposer ?
There's no smiley depicting a bemused "B.Old F." scratching his head so a mental image will have to do !
Bert53
11 years ago
Hi all,
I insured my camper and oval with Footman James for years, prices were always reasonable and service good when renewing or updating the policy. However all that changed when my camper was stolen last year, started off the claim ok, asked for all the details etc then they didn't want to know, didn't answere letters, tried to fob me off saying the van wasn't agreed value. Had to threaten going to the ombudsman before they took notice 😶

I've read poor reviews about Adrian Flux, seem like they're one to avoid.

Oval insurance has just come up for renewal so will go with either Just Kampers or Heritage, problem is you can never tell how good they are until you have to claim, god forbid that ever happens again 😞

Hope the above info is of use.

Cheers

PS. Just been on the Heritage web site to get a quote and it put me straight through to the Adrian Flux web site......[-x
kevsplitty
11 years ago
Hi jollychuffy,i had to get a restorer or someone who works with old vehicles but has'nt worked on yours to value my buses,they put it on headed paper,i submitted those & it was suitable for my agreed values. Might be the way to go:wink:
beefykeefy
11 years ago

Hi jollychuffy,i had to get a restorer or someone who works with old vehicles but has'nt worked on yours to value my buses,they put it on headed paper,i submitted those & it was suitable for my agreed values. Might be the way to go:wink:

kevsplitty wrote:

I've only ever had to supply 6 pictures of the car (front, back, both sides, interior and engine bay) and agreed value has never been a problem. Admittedly, I usually supply about 20, so they have as much evidence on file as possible...

KevSplitty's idea is also another good solution, and I know folk who've gone down this route of getting someone independant to value it.
beefykeefy
11 years ago

That offer alone would have made me tell them to stuff it.
So,if you had been daft enough to just cough,they would have ripped you off.

The more i hear and my past dealings with Adrian Flux confirm one thing to me..........

THEY SUCK:thumbdn:

GKL 7 wrote:

I guess that's how some insurers/brokers get by and they hope people just go with what they know.

Adrian Flux's renewal paperwork did say that they would guarantee to beat another quote, but when I called they weren't so keen :?:
GKL 7
11 years ago

Adrian Flux's renewal paperwork did say that they would guarantee to beat another quote, but when I called they weren't so keen :?:

beefykeefy wrote:

They as a broker should be searching for the cheapest quote on your behalf anyway.