samghia
17 years ago
Hi I;m new to this forum having just secured a 53 Oval from the northern reaches of Scotland,i,m sure I'll have a lot of questions regarding this as i get it on the road.Heres some pics.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regards Sam
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi Sam,
Welcome to the forum. That looks like a nice oval you've found yourself there. I love the pic of the tax disc! 😎 I take it that it's been tucked away for quite a while? 😃
samghia
17 years ago
Thanks for the welcome, bought it from VW dealership where its been for a long while. Investigating history, will keep forum updated. A couple of questions, no carpet in it - what were they fitted out with when they rolled out the factory? Also, semaphores present but not working. Does anyone out there recondition?

Cheers, Sam
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
2splits
17 years ago
Great car.

Regarding the semaphores, if you don't mind sending them to Canada, Matt at matts parts does superior work!

www.mattsparts.com
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
six-o-one
17 years ago

A couple of questions, no carpet in it - what were they fitted out with when they rolled out the factory? Also, semaphores present but not working. Does anyone out there recondition?

Cheers, Sam

"samghia" wrote:

It should have four black rubber floor matts with press studs which hold them in position.

5087.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago

Hi I;m new to this forum having just secured a 53 Oval from the northern reaches of Scotland,i,m sure I'll have a lot of questions regarding this as i get it on the road.Heres some pics.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regards Sam

"samghia" wrote:

Welcome to the forum!!

Holy cow! That's a beautiful find!! Well done. Do you know any of the history yet? How did you find it???
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
samghia
17 years ago
Thanks Rich

Trying to establish a bit history,found it when i was in Inverness on business,will keep updated on progress.

Regards Sam.
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Wow! What a beautiful car.
:D

Is it atlantic? or even jungle? green?
There is a '53 swedish oval down here being restored and I'm sure the inner wings are in the same original paint colour.
Unusual though.

Have you got any vw birth certificates for it? If not I will post up the address.
I wonder if I will ever get to see it, you are a long way away from the sunny south coast. Maybe you will drive it to Bad Camberg June '08?!

Oh, and welcome to stock heaven 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
six-o-one
17 years ago

Maybe you will drive it to Bad Camberg June '08?!

"mrsherbie" wrote:

That would be a shame to drive that far and miss the show in Lavenham!
pre67vw
17 years ago

Maybe you will drive it to Bad Camberg June '08?!

"six-o-one" wrote:

That would be a shame to drive that far and miss the show in Lavenham!

"mrsherbie" wrote:

And find not much going on in Bad Camberg...

(its '07 :wink: )
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Look I am a woman, what do you expect! I think they are the only 2 shows floating around in my mind and now they are muddled together! :lol: :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
samghia
17 years ago
Thanks for all your replies ,the plan is to go to Bad Camberg with a friend near by whis currently putting together a 56 Panel Van(Dove Blue).
I'm sure i'll be looking for loads of advice in the near future.

regards sam.
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
Andy Sparks
17 years ago

Also, semaphores present but not working. Does anyone out there recondition?

"samghia" wrote:

street style and power have repro'd them for £150 inc free postage if you say volksworld.

www.streetstyleandpower.com

Sorry guys i know that they are repro. But they also do a 12v option as well.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂