Trailer Queen Restos
11 years ago
Hi Guys,

just thought i'd put a post up on here about some sunroof captive nuts ive made.

im in the middle of restoring Paul Denhams rhd 55 ragtop bug and all the rear tensioner captive nuts things had rusted solid and most do so had flared the cages out and the nuts were spinning so all needed replacing so ive worked together with a local engineer and had a press made and some correct style plates laser cut.

These have come out perfect and ture to original fittment parts,Zinc M5 threaded square bolts in a cage and freely move from side to side for full adjustment, only difference is their made out of 1.2mm plate instead of the 0.8mm standard ones so will be alot tougher to bend out.

These are for the rear tensioner on 50-55 bugs but also the same on sunroof/samba busses 50-67 and also along the sides under the aluminium sunroof rails on all sunroof busses 50-67 and 2 fold ragtop bugs 56-67.

Ive fitted a set to pauls car and have a small batch made up and ready to go and more on the way so if anyones interested drop me a mail.

These are a must have for any rusty sunroof VW restoration ;)

[email protected]
07977 508907

Also please check out my facebook page if you dont already

https://www.facebook.com/# !/pages/Trailer-Queen-Restorations/72866544867

Thanks for looking.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
andylham
11 years ago

i have just got a set of these from gav at trailor queen restorations.

excellent quality and a must have item!!!!

bin those old screws and nuts and do the job right far easier!
DBKUK