Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago
Most of you will know my car, I've had it since January 2000, I'm not really sure where all the time has gone to be honest :roll:

I have some nice history and photos from the 50's courtesy of Tim, a great guy from Munich who knows the car and family from his childhood :d

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Anyway, other than recommissioning for the MOT most years and driving it to shows including Bad Camberg and Hessisch Oldendorf I haven't done anything with the car. I have been collecting parts and the car will get a full resto at some point. In the meantime I am planning on doing a few jobs over the winter.

First trip to Germany in it, Hessisch 2001 ...
UserPostedImage

Rob and Yan came over last weekend, we went to the chippy in the bus for lunch and later they helped me get the incorrect Zwitter cabrio door off, just one door screw to drill out ... thanks guys for a great day :thumbup: ...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Yesterday I started stripping the split cab door I bought from Claus, I think in 2005 ??? I know I picked up the ali window frame from Reinhold at Camberg 2003.

There was plenty of filler on the door and it needs some of Mika's metal but its generally pretty good. The best thing about it is that I think it was Reseda Green originally !!!

It had some cool pinstriping on it, would love to have seen the whole car 😎

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Most of the filler off it ...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I am thinking about getting it dipped to get rid of the corrosion on the inner skin. Anyone had any experience with this at either surface processing in the midlands or Pro strip in Nottingham ?

I also have a couple of wanted ads up if any of you can help me with some bits I need :wink:
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
11 years ago
Hi Kev,

Good to see you making progress on the car, I have happy memories of our drive to Bad Camberg in the rain :rofl:

Another option is to just get it blasted and then put some etch primer on it.

Rob
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

Good to see you making progress on the car, I have happy memories of our drive to Bad Camberg in the rain :rofl:

Another option is to just get it blasted and then put some etch primer on it.

Rob

pre67vw wrote:

That was a very wet weekend Rob. The worst rain I have ever seen.

Kev- did you think about getting it media blasted instead by Blast Cleaning in Billingshurst? They have the floorpan and beam off my '59 at the moment and really know what they are doing with body panels.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Kev
  • Kev
11 years ago
Thanks guys, yes I thought about blasting but the inside of the door panel has been sprayed with some sort of protective coating, its a bit like spray on concrete in texture :roll:

Because of this I was worried about blasting warping the panel, but I guess I could take it down to show them and get their opinion.
zelensis61
11 years ago
Kev wrote: It had some cool pinstriping on it, would love to have seen the whole car :d

Well, Kev, Here it is. A Super VW mag from the past out of france in 1989 I think. A report of a resto on a Karmann and the french Heb. My inspiration for the Hebmuller saga...

Cheers. Peter Sorry; The only pict with the striping I have.  IMG_3098s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3099s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Kev
  • Kev
11 years ago

Kev wrote: It had some cool pinstriping on it, would love to have seen the whole car :d

Well, Kev, Here it is. A Super VW mag from the past out of france in 1989 I think. A report of a resto on a Karmann and the french Heb. My inspiration for the Hebmuller saga...

Cheers. Peter Sorry; The only pict with the striping I have.

zelensis61 wrote:

Wow, Peter that's nuts 😎 I assume there are more pictures in the rest of the magazine ? I wonder what happened to the resto project on it ?

Many thanks for digging that out and posting :d
zelensis61
11 years ago
Kev, No problem. That was the only pict from the mag with the color on it and the striping. The others are from the resto and the finished car....I will fix that for you tomorow. I have all the mags with Hebs in it on a stack...I remembered the pict like it was yesterday as this heb was my model since the moment I got this mag. I even have bought a second copy as the first one was worn out.
Did you buy the door from Claus Missing? He sure have more picts then.

cheers:beer:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Kev
  • Kev
11 years ago
Thanks Peter, yes I got the door from Claus Missing, hopefully he has more pics then :d
zelensis61
11 years ago
Kev, here you go...  IMG_3100.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3110.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3109.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3108.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3101.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3102.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
11 years ago
rest of them.  IMG_3103.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3105.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3106.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3107.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_3104.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Kev
  • Kev
11 years ago
Thanks Peter for the pics, thats some pretty serious surgery there ! Turned out really nice though by the looks of it I'm not sure if I've seen the car in the flesh or not, thats a German plate right ?

Cheers
Kev
GKL 7
11 years ago
Kev,i think that car is pictured in the Bob Shaill/Keith Seume coachbuilt book.
Probably a clearer picture in there if you want one.