stevo
  • stevo
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hi, could any one please post a picture of the correct semaphore for my 53 zwitter.
Thanks in advance.
steve
Steve.
1953 rhd zwitter.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Pricivius
14 years ago
Hey Stevo

I will take a picture of the semis on my '53 as soon as I get a chance. I'm pretty sure they will be correct but the good people on here will no doubt confirm!
Dawn
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Always a hotly debated topic! Both one screw and two screw semaphores were used on Zwitters and both SHO and SWF. The two screw versions are pictured in the 1952/53 VW parts manual....
UserPostedImage

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Mine has the ones with 1 screw.  Afbeelding 867.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1077.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 865.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
reminou75
14 years ago
I do have two screws on my Sept. 53 Standard.
stevo
  • stevo
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Thanks for the replys ,could it be as it's one of the last zwitters made might it have come with non ribbed semaphores?
Steve.
1953 rhd zwitter.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Thanks for the replys ,could it be as it's one of the last zwitters made might it have come with non ribbed semaphores?

stevo wrote:

Definitely not. All Zwitters had ribbed semaphores and even early Ovals up until July 1953. Ribbed semaphores were also still used on later '53 Ovals alongside smooth semaphores. Dec '53 saw the last useage of ribbed ones.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Pricivius
14 years ago

Definitely not. All Zwitters had ribbed semaphores and even early Ovals up until July 1953. Ribbed semaphores were also still used on later '53 Ovals alongside smooth semaphores. Dec '53 saw the last useage of ribbed ones.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Hmmm... well that scuppers me being of any assistance! My Zwitter has smooth semaphores...:?
Dawn
koerspiloot
11 years ago
i have a 1953 Sept 26th standard oval ragtop project

which semaphores are 20000% correct?
The ribbed ones? 1 screw? What about the lense, smooth or grooved, yellow/ orange, SHO/SWF :)

I want this project to be 100% correct

thanks!
HTTP://www.oldtimer-service.be 
0472/21 92 26
8510 Bellegem (Kortrijk)
Belgium
vintagebug
11 years ago
My November '53 Oval has smooth semaphores. I believe they are the originals. I'll try to remember to take pics this evening for you.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
11 years ago

I believe they are the originals.

vintagebug wrote:

What?Like it's wings Dave.
koerspiloot
10 years ago
Problem solved 🙂
HTTP://www.oldtimer-service.be 
0472/21 92 26