BEETLE MAN
11 years ago
Good Evening

Im new on this forum so go easy on me:roll: There is a 52 for sale on this forum

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=4398  and wondered if anyone had been to see this or has seen it and wanted their thoughts on it. I have never driven a LHD car so that will be a learning curve.

Thank you for looking

Paul
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
skyway
11 years ago
hello mate welcome

looks nice but have not seen it i sure some one will know the seller or have heard about it
BEETLE MAN
11 years ago
Many Thanks skyway, im sure someone will know of it! :smile:
Old Blue
11 years ago

Good Evening

Im new on this forum so go easy on me:roll: There is a 52 for sale on this forum

https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=4398  and wondered if anyone had been to see this or has seen it and wanted their thoughts on it. I have never driven a LHD car so that will be a learning curve.

Thank you for looking

Paul

BEETLE MAN wrote:

The Split in question has later bumpers and rear lights that are normally found on Ovals and late 50s Beetles, although the advertiser considers the car to be very original, 'timewarp':?

The wing piping should be black I'm certain.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
six-o-one
11 years ago
"Bumpers were replaced for more modern bumpers to modernise the car in the late fifties. Trying to locate the originals in the original storage facility, in the hope that we still have them."

I expect the lights were updated at the same time.
GKL 7
11 years ago
From another picture i have seen,front wings are also non-original.
Also in the engine compartment,quite a few things are from a later model.
BEETLE MAN
11 years ago
Wow you guys have eagle eyes:roll: It looks solid though from the photos. It was owned by the same guy in Belgium from new and when he died this guy bought it! It has never registered it in the UK but he said he has taken it to shows on a trailer thats why i wondered if anyone had seen it. Do you think it is over priced or about right taking into account the deviances in parts.

Once again thank you for the knowledge:smile:
BEETLE MAN
11 years ago

From another picture i have seen,front wings are also non-original.
Also in the engine compartment,quite a few things are from a later model.

GKL 7 wrote:

What pic have you seen of the front wings? He said one front one was changed in 56 for an oval one.
GKL 7
11 years ago

He said one front one was changed in 56 for an oval one.

BEETLE MAN wrote:

Answered your own question:wink:
When the car was originally advertised it had a shot of the front.For some reason that pic is no longer on the Ad.
It's also up on the Samba..."Offers"
BEETLE MAN
11 years ago
Do you think it is worth getting?